Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turners -n- Tahoe.........I thought it was time to make another post on this and see where everybody is at. Back when I originally posted this a handfull said they were highly interested in attending, so please speak up again one and all and let me know who would definately come to this so we can try to make a go of it.
My thought is to camp out in Tahoe City at the local state park right on the lake. Located at the edge of town. Thing is they charge a 7.00 or so fee for the reservation and about the same amount if you change or cancel depending on the conditions as i was told. There are only 27 sites, 8 people per site allowed. At this time most of the sites are still available. Paved drive and paved parking, no dust. The lake is right there, the entire town is within a few minutes walk of the campground. Hotels are near by but are priced in the $100 and up range, more like $125 average per night. Some were full for a private convention in town that weekend, but Northstar's village has lots of rooms at $139 per night and up. For the campgorund idea to work you will need to make your own reservations through www.parks.ca.gov.......Just be sure to check on the reservation policy and cancellation. You might wait just a little longer to be sure how many are coming.
Turner is still coming with demo's I believe.
There likely will be 2 groups of riders, the DHers at the resort and the xcers. Northstar will be open for 3 day weekends come this time. The xc rides wont be posted til we get close but there are a ton of options in the North shore area to choose from. Thats the info at this time, .......ride Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Here is a few pictures to get your appetite going.

Attachments

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
I'm still interested. I'll have my new spot built by that time too for any XC rides. I've been doing more downhill this summer so my climbing isn't the fastest it's ever been but I love riding in the tahoe area. I also have the highline for northstar.

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
I can't make it, I have take time off the week before to attend a wedding. In Tahoe. The nerve of my buddy not setting the wedding date to coincide with T-N-T.

That campground you are referring to is pretty decent, BTW.

·
beer is good
532 Posts
I'm in too Dave, did'nt know if it was still on with all the fires and such,
but , yeah I still plan on being there!

Maybe you should post this on the Norcal and Nevada boards, if DT is still
planning on having the demo fleet there.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fires and riding

Nels said:
I'm in too Dave, did'nt know if it was still on with all the fires and such,
but , yeah I still plan on being there!

Maybe you should post this on the Norcal and Nevada boards, if DT is still
planning on having the demo fleet there.
yes the fires have been taxing on some locals. Another one last weekend claimed 5 houses on the west shore right near a great riding area. Small fire from I believe was a propane tank on a barbeque caught fire, took 5 houses and an out building, plus a little under 20 acres. Not big at all, destructive none the less.
The TNT gig is still planned. Seems to be a quiet kind of gathering, just try it out and maybe with a year ahead to think about different dates and activities for next year at the same time. I am sure THC in Moab will hamper numbers. I believe Turner is still planning on coming, waiting to hear the final word on this. I was told that there was someone else on the DH forum posting or going to post something about this, not sure if that happened.
Anyone here going to go to Moab THC as well?
I will leaving directly following TNT and heading that way for a double header. TNT/THC.....lots of riding to be had.
Anyways more responses for TNT would be nice, so please speak up if you plan on coming. I plan on camping and it may come down to getting the place chosen at the last minute. Again, not many people around that weekend so ground and rooms will be plentifull.

Sorry CC this is the worst picture of brown water I could find, will this do ya.....!!!!!
A Little TRT action, a couple thousand feet above the lake surface.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TNT schedule

I will post final plans, rides, and schedule early next week. Hopefully we can get a few more people to attend and enjoy some sweet Tahoe riding. Please speak up and post if your interested in coming and have not yet said so.

Attachments

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
DC - can't make it, even though my Spot is grovelling to get back and see it's birthing mechanic. I'll be armpit deep in poison oak on the North Umpqua Trail that weekend.

have fun mang.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
No demos

TurnerBikes will not have the demos assembled in time to make the trip. Sorry. I was really hoping to do a couple afternoons on Northstar with the DHR and Highline after breaking my lungs on a morning XC ride,,, but we are just getting in the 08 RFX and Highlines and to get them painted and assembled in less than 2 weeks is not going to happen. I am trying to look at this positively, we will have them all ready to go for Vegas and in plenty of time for next years TNT!

DT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.