Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found an old TNT Ti BB in my parts box. Does anone know if there is a cro-mo spindle available that I can use to replace the Ti spindle with. It's the unit that uses 2 set of sealed bearings on each side. They need relacing also since they are super small and they suck.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
so, basically....

CBass said:
I just found an old TNT Ti BB in my parts box. Does anone know if there is a cro-mo spindle available that I can use to replace the Ti spindle with. It's the unit that uses 2 set of sealed bearings on each side. They need relacing also since they are super small and they suck.

Any info would be appreciated.
...you found two BB cups and some parts that are either trashed or unwanted. If it's a straight spindle without raised lips at the bearings, it's likey a 17mm spindle, in which case you can get one from Phil Wood or ActionTec. And if the spindle OD is 17mm, good chance the bearings are 30mm OD, which would make them 6903RS bearings, which you can also get from Phil at great cost, though is are indeed very good bearings, or a bunch of other places much cheaper, like www.aebike.com.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sort of but different

The bottom bracket is a 1 piece shell unit similar to a shimano square taper sealed BB, but it can be taken apart with a pin spanner wrench. The bearings are alot smaller than those found in the phil BB, but have a total of 4 seperate cartrage bearings vs. 2 for the
phil wood.

I dont like the added flex and groans of a Ti spindle.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
CBass said:
The bottom bracket is a 1 piece shell unit similar to a shimano square taper sealed BB, but it can be taken apart with a pin spanner wrench. The bearings are alot smaller than those found in the phil BB, but have a total of 4 seperate cartrage bearings vs. 2 for the
phil wood.

I dont like the added flex and groans of a Ti spindle.
So you don't like the bearings and don't like the spindle. So what's so great about the cups that it's worth the effort to try to find parts for it?

Seriously, you can get a really nice square taper bb for about $25. Why go digging for parts that may or may not exist?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.