Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Homegrown
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a depressing first ride of the season (see http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94061) with the boys, it was time to have our inaugural TNL (Tuesday Night Ladies) ride for 2005.

THe TNLs is a group of women who came together last year and did some amazing riding. We are all compatible in aerobic and technical ability, so we tend to do some fairly technical, fast, long rides during the season - all after work on Tuesday nights. Usually our rides are followed by food and beverage (mmm - beer). Most of us have gone to extremes to make sure that we can make these rides, including asking permission from our bosses to leave early!

Feeling like I needed more pain and suffering on the bike after last week (and inspired by Impy and Screampint), I pulled out the trusty SS for the first ride with the ladies. We set off on the same trails as last week, happy to be back out on the trails.

We had a GREAT ride! The trails were dry (it's been pouring here for days), we had light until 7:45 pm, and being the first ride after a long winter, we had ample opportunity to catch up on the major news from the crew!

Personally, the trails and the bike seemed to be completely in tune, and I somehow was with them. I had a good aerobic workout, and managed to make some of the technical sections I was fretting about just last week. Impy - you said it would be better this week, and you were right! I am now looking forward to another fantastic season!

I have included a couple of pics from our ride.

SheFly

Attachments

·
Homegrown
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And another....

This is what we call the Bridge Too Far. Tight switchback down, over two bridges, and then back up switchbacks on the other side....

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Neato-keen!!! Great looking trail. I could look on your bio, but easier to ask you - where's that trail located?

Mallie

·
Homegrown
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MallieD said:
Neato-keen!!! Great looking trail. I could look on your bio, but easier to ask you - where's that trail located?

Mallie
Bedford, MA. It's in a small area known as the PR - private reserve. Unfortunately, word got out about our little stash, and it's not so private anymore... Hubby and I built many of the trails in this system! Makes it easier to ride when you know the trail....

·
just a girl
32 Posts
"Bedford, MA. It's in a small area known as the PR - private reserve."

SheFly,

Is this near the trails behind the cemetery?

T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.