Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rides like a girl
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these at all? If so where did you purchase them from - I've checked Universal and Price Point and I'm not finding them there. If not, what has anyone used for easy access food on an endurance race? Thanks.

·
rigid
11 Posts
As you probably already know - they're really popular with triathletes. You might want to check some tri-specific stores.

I picked up a knock-off at a bike shop in Lake Placid after the Ironman (I didn't race it - just spectated). They are available is several sizes - the medium seems to be about right. If you order online, make up a dummy from the measurements to make sure you don't buy something too large/small. I've only used in really long road rides so far. They are not super easy to open while riding - might be difficult on anything rougher than a jeep trail.

·
Which way? Uphill.
833 Posts
I use them too

I too use them, pretty nice way to carry some more food that's easily accessible. Great place to stuff a partially eaten bar in between bites.
Here's a picture of mine stuffed with about 800 calories worth of Jelly Belly Sport Beans prior to the KTR.

Attachments

·
What day are we riding?
1,088 Posts
Just Google them. I too picked mine up from a Tri store.

I use it not just for food. It also carries by battery backup for my Edge 305 for those races that last over ten hours.

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
I use mine all the time for my long road rides. I load in fig newton, chap stick, and for really long rides I use an APC USB battery back to power my Garmin Edge 305. I use a retractable USB cable to connect the battery pack to the Garmin. The USB cable comes out a small hole in the bag I made.

Thread here: Link

1 - 11 of 11 Posts