Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Formerly dvo
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, website says closed, rangers in the field aren't sure ( ranger I ran into tonight at Older called around via radio ) or ( like the one I ran into last night up at the Gap ) " hope to have it open by the weekend,but we are shorthanded.... ". Anyone ride up there tonight and have first hand knowledge? I am up for barging regardless though I will deny everything if caught.:nono:

·
Read Only
950 Posts
I am trying to make it but am not sure. Rode Skegg's on Sunday and can say with confidence that the Gap will be fine. Whether or not it is open is another discussion entirely.

·
Formerly dvo
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have no doubt that the conditions are perfect, I have ridden in the area every day since Saturday, it's whether or not they get out there to check the conditions.

·
Read Only
950 Posts
Well, if they can't get there to change the sign, they can't get there to write a ticket. I am hoping to be there.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
I'll be there for some beer. Maybe some bike riding. My fitness is at an all time low at the moment.
Perfect for social pace!

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
On the closed trail note... We had a team mate get a ticket for being on peters creek look this weekend. Not sure if they will actually be out or not. I really hope they can get their act together and get someone there to spend an hour, hike the look, and open the trail up. (IE: change the signs, the conditions of the trail i'm sure are JUST fine.)

·
Read Only
950 Posts
Does the Midpen site also tell you when the closures are unnecessary and because of being under-staffed? The only trail closure due to "conditions" on the Mid Pen website is Peter's Creek. It is impossible that the conditions justify the trail being closed.

·
Formerly dvo
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thumbsup:
Skyline district field office confirms that they are sending someone out to open it up today. I believe the ride normally rolls around 5:30 though I am usually up there earlier and do a few loops. More importantly beer pours around 630!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, dvo. Will try to make today's if can, but work may be in the way of a 5:30 start for me. Santa Teresa not too far from work, though, so will have backup if needed.

Have fun out there.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
I think we will able to roll at our normal 6 and have enough light and time for riding and beer afterwards.

Sent by smoke signal.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,204 Posts
Ah you lucked out! I went yesterday and the gates were still closed, but the open trails were pretty bone dry. See ya next week, hopefully.

·
Recreational Terrorist
425 Posts
I guess I should have driven the extra 15 mins to meet up with you guys.

It was nice in the canyon.
uploadfromtaptalk1397226526132.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think my recovery may be to a point where I probably can't keep up with you past the bench but can at least get back to the parking lot before all the beer is gone...

If we're doing 6pm starts, I may be out next week :thumbsup:

#timetoridewiththebigboysagain

1 - 20 of 20 Posts