Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Formerly dvo
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, website says closed, rangers in the field aren't sure ( ranger I ran into tonight at Older called around via radio ) or ( like the one I ran into last night up at the Gap ) " hope to have it open by the weekend,but we are shorthanded.... ". Anyone ride up there tonight and have first hand knowledge? I am up for barging regardless though I will deny everything if caught.:nono:

·
Formerly dvo
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have no doubt that the conditions are perfect, I have ridden in the area every day since Saturday, it's whether or not they get out there to check the conditions.

·
Life is strange
1,972 Posts
On the closed trail note... We had a team mate get a ticket for being on peters creek look this weekend. Not sure if they will actually be out or not. I really hope they can get their act together and get someone there to spend an hour, hike the look, and open the trail up. (IE: change the signs, the conditions of the trail i'm sure are JUST fine.)

·
Read Only
955 Posts
Does the Midpen site also tell you when the closures are unnecessary and because of being under-staffed? The only trail closure due to "conditions" on the Mid Pen website is Peter's Creek. It is impossible that the conditions justify the trail being closed.

·
Formerly dvo
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thumbsup:
Skyline district field office confirms that they are sending someone out to open it up today. I believe the ride normally rolls around 5:30 though I am usually up there earlier and do a few loops. More importantly beer pours around 630!

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,249 Posts
Ah you lucked out! I went yesterday and the gates were still closed, but the open trails were pretty bone dry. See ya next week, hopefully.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think my recovery may be to a point where I probably can't keep up with you past the bench but can at least get back to the parking lot before all the beer is gone...

If we're doing 6pm starts, I may be out next week :thumbsup:

#timetoridewiththebigboysagain

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.