Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mtn View, CA
490 Posts
Gap was pretty good yesterday. Almost hero. Roots and rocks are exposed from the rain so it's a little more technical in spots. Peters and Long ridge were still closed but should have been open. Rangers probably haven't been down there to check.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
I'm thinking about heading up there at 5:30 if I do end up going. It wont be until April or so that we'll start having decent amounts of light out there. Remember that climb out gets dark at sunset...

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Only way I’ll be able to make any TNGR rides this year is if my wife and kids go on vacation as they did last year. I am sooo hoping they’ll do it again this year.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
I'd say you want to roll by 5:30. It's early March after all.

Good call getting this out. Johnny on the spot!!

·
PMarsh Thumbs Up!
1,288 Posts
Ughhhhh jealous!

We had our first Monday night ride last night, so I thought I'd pop in to make sure TNGR was picking up again.

That reminds me, I know some of you were there when that hippie looking guy told us that there was a scene from Star Wars that had the hills there in the background. It was right before you turn off the fireroad and start going downhill in Long Ridge. I can't remember what scene he said, but after looking online it sounds like the only stuff filmed in the area was up in Marin.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
Not sure ill make it. I didnt have time to grab the bike before work so not sure if i will have time to make it up there and to ride.

Sent by smoke signal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I’m going to wait a while… maybe April?... Worried I won’t have enough light yet. :confused:
I was slow before my surgery in December and I haven’t gotten back up to that level of slow I was at before! :skep:

(On the brighter side… had my 3-month post-op checkup yesterday. Looks like I’m cancer free! I have to go back for tests every 3 months for a year, then every 6 months for five years and yearly after that. I am looking forward to a cancer-free-TNGR in April once I get more of my endurance back.

If you don’t know me… look for the guy on TNGRs wearing the blue “Never Give In” cancer braclet…:))

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
I’m going to wait a while… maybe April?... Worried I won’t have enough light yet. :confused:
I was slow before my surgery in December and I haven’t gotten back up to that level of slow I was at before! :skep:

(On the brighter side… had my 3-month post-op checkup yesterday. Looks like I’m cancer free! I have to go back for tests every 3 months for a year, then every 6 months for five years and yearly after that. I am looking forward to a cancer-free-TNGR in April once I get more of my endurance back.

If you don’t know me… look for the guy on TNGRs wearing the blue “Never Give In” cancer braclet…:))
Schit man. What cancer?

fc

·
roadie
744 Posts

yeah.. these guys are fast, but they're good too. you'd have a riding partner for sure. hope your prognosis stays clear.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Schit man. What cancer?
Found out at the end of last summer or early fall that I had Prostate Cancer. Sucks, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that had the slow growing one and caught it early.

They took thirty-some grams out during the operation in December so once I get my endurance back I should be slightly faster, right? I'm always trying to loose a few grams from the bike so I'd say these thirty-some grams lost were probably the most expensive ones yet.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
Who's showing up and what time?

It's probably reasonable to have a 5:30 and 6pm start. Heck, some folks better show.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
34,872 Posts
Found out at the end of last summer or early fall that I had Prostate Cancer. Sucks, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that had the slow growing one and caught it early.

They took thirty-some grams out during the operation in December so once I get my endurance back I should be slightly faster, right? I'm always trying to loose a few grams from the bike so I'd say these thirty-some grams lost were probably the most expensive ones yet.
At least you timed it during the off-season. I've got some woolie mtbr socks for you and your recovery!

fc

·
Registered
201 Posts
At least you timed it during the off-season.
Yeah... the biospy showed it was the slow growing kind so I purposely held off on the operation till december... although I probably wouldn't do that again as the pathology report came back showing there was about twice as much cancer present as the biospy led us to believe :eek: . All in all, I consider myself lucky and am glad to be on the recovery side of this equation.
I've got some woolie mtbr socks for you and your recovery!
Very cool and much appreciated! Thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts