Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Take the Tucson Mountain Park Rock n' Road (TMP RNR) mountain bike challenge. The challenge is to complete the route in the minimum amount of time. The route loops around the perimeter of the Tucson Mountains and traverses as much of the prime single track as possible without looping back on itself. It also avoids as much asphalt and traffic as possible.There are some sections of the route that are under construction and may change over time. Small portions may be rerouted as well. But overall the route should remain static.

The route is 58 miles long with 6950 feet of climbing. There is roughly 70% single track, 15% asphalt road, and 15% dirt road.

TMP RNR Official website.

Rules:

1. This is not a race.
2. This is the TMP RNR route.
3. The route starts and ends at the Starr Pass trail head.
4. You must follow the route.
5. The route is to be traveled in the clockwise direction.
6. The time logged for record is the total time (moving, resting, eating, repairing, etc) from start to finish.
7. You may log as many attempts as you want.
8. A GPS track is not required for score. Your word is good enough, but take some photos of you and your bike along the route for integrity.
9. If your time is a record breaking time you are required to provide a GPS track for verification.
10. Bonus for riding/hiking over Brown Mountain instead of around, subtract 60 minutes off of your total time.
11. The same bike must be used for the whole route.
12. Once you have completed the route, post your results on TucsonMTB. Then, email me GPS files and any photos that you want to share and I will post them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AZTripper and I went out and road the route today. We were an 1-hour 30-mins faster than last time and we started at the CDO trailhead.

Stats from the ride today (my GPS Unit):

* Total Time: 7:30:49 (hr:min:sec)
* Distance: 57.29 miles
* Moving Time: 6:38:04
* Climbing Elevation: 7218 ft

Pictures from the ride:

http://www.azmtbchallenge.com/tmp-rnr-announce/newrecordset

·
Scott in Tucson
1,331 Posts
brink said:
On January 14th, Scott Morris completed the course in 5:26:44! This is going to be tough to beat.
Loved it. Thanks again for putting such a brilliant route together. :thumbsup:

This "event" is there for anyone to challenge any time. Come on down from Phoenix, follow a GPS track and burn a calorie or two!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.