Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... How is the fit on these helmets?
Have read plenty of great reviews for the TLD A1 and figured that since it was time for a new helmet for me (currently running Giro Chronicel MIPS) that I would upgrade. REI was one of the few places I could find that had it in stock in my size (M/L) but wondering how they fit. I usually like GIRO because they tend to fit my head better but wanted to try something a little different this time.

Since I had to order, it won't be here for another week or so (only had red/black color in my size) so just wondering if those who have it feel it was true to size or whatnot?

·
EDR
10,037 Posts
I have one. It fits my head great. Very comfy. Means nothing as to how it will fit you unfortunately. At least you can return w/REI if needed.

My two complaints w/the A1: The foam liners soak up the sweat and then dump it down my face and glasses. Pretty annoying actually since I live in Phoenix. I wear my Kali Maya 2.0 75% of the time for this reason alone. Love them both as far as fit goes. Much prefer the A1 dial adjuster to the dual ratcheting cinch mech of the Maya. The Maya is also less mushroom-y on my head.

The other main issue I have is the visor adjustment on the A1 is of zero use. The Kali one works very well.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one. It fits my head great. Very comfy. Means nothing as to how it will fit you unfortunately. At least you can return w/REI if needed.

My two complaints w/the A1: The foam liners soak up the sweat and then dump it down my face and glasses. Pretty annoying actually since I live in Phoenix. I wear my Kali Maya 2.0 75% of the time for this reason alone. Love them both as far as fit goes. Much prefer the A1 dial adjuster to the dual ratcheting cinch mech of the Maya. The Maya is also less mushroom-y on my head.

The other main issue I have is the visor adjustment on the A1 is of zero use. The Kali one works very well.
ok good to know. I have been using a TraxFactory SweatBuster for years now and have never had issues with it. It does take modification of the foam in the helment but have run it in two different Giro helmets over the years with zero issues.

I had been looking at the Maya but same thing as the A1, everywhere seemed to be sold out. Since the A1 was the first I found in stock in my size I just grabbed.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so after a dozen rides or so with the A1 this is definitely an awesome helmet. Definitely comfortable, breaths well, and is light.
My only gripe is that the visor is sooooo small and barely adjustable. Wish it was closer to the size of my old Giro Montaro but other than that I have been super happy with the lid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts