Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Mikesee probably knows the answer to this but anyone else who wants to chime in, be my guest:

It appears to me that there's zero offset in the spoke holes on a DT TK7.1 rim. I'm talking about left/right alternating offset rather than a OCR type o' thang. Is this the case? If so, I'd be very happy, 'cause I'd like to build up a wheel from an old funky Dave's Speed Dream hub that's got 24 holes drive side and 12 holes non-drive. From the previous hub owner's experience, this lacing pattern won't work if the spoke holes are offset like most modern rims.

If someone has another recommendation for a non-offset hole rim that's not a super narrow road rim, I'd be happy to hear about that, too.

Thanks

·
This place needs an enema
17,245 Posts
Feldybikes said:
I think Mikesee probably knows the answer to this but anyone else who wants to chime in, be my guest:

It appears to me that there's zero offset in the spoke holes on a DT TK7.1 rim. I'm talking about left/right alternating offset rather than a OCR type o' thang. Is this the case? If so, I'd be very happy, 'cause I'd like to build up a wheel from an old funky Dave's Speed Dream hub that's got 24 holes drive side and 12 holes non-drive. From the previous hub owner's experience, this lacing pattern won't work if the spoke holes are offset like most modern rims.

If someone has another recommendation for a non-offset hole rim that's not a super narrow road rim, I'd be happy to hear about that, too.

Thanks
Correct--the eyelets are drilled down the centerline of the rim.

Have funwiddat!

MC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.