Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dates & Ride Length for the 2007 Titus Group Ride

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your thoughts on the dates, length etc please. Those of us travelling soem distance need to be in the know..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
I rode 'Whistler XC'
507 Posts
Ok, I voted for 22-28 July, but that's just cos it would be ideal meaning I could be back at work for our July monthend.

However, I would be pretty flexible.

Cheers
Mint

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking that Sunday 29th or Sun 5th Aug will be the one we should aim for. Better weather am thinking, from what I have picked up from FM and the team from them there parts

·
searcher
874 Posts
I voted for the 29th start. But I have to get a Visa to Canada, and that can make things more difficult for me. It is still a long time for me, so I am not sure if I can make it. But you know , I try....

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kovi said:
I voted for the 29th start. But I have to get a Visa to Canada, and that can make things more difficult for me. It is still a long time for me, so I am not sure if I can make it. But you know , I try....
Sounds good, oh to be a New Zealander, only place needing a Visa almost is China.....:thumbsup:

·
Chilling out
6,038 Posts
Not that I think it likely that I'd be able to afford to go up, but spending the weekend of my bday "harshing" myself there is very attractive (aug 3-6).

Shoot, I should have a new fork (Zoke AM SL 1 or 66 SL 1 ATA) on my bike ( Quasi ) by then that would be PERFECT for that area.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bear, may sound namby pamby, but everything starts with a dream. If you want want to go it will happen. Well make it happen... But yes a 66 on a Quasi will fit the bill for this area for sure I would think

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bear said:
Not that I think it likely that I'd be able to afford to go up, but spending the weekend of my bday "harshing" myself there is very attractive (aug 3-6).

Shoot, I should have a new fork (Zoke AM SL 1 or 66 SL 1 ATA) on my bike ( Quasi ) by then that would be PERFECT for that area.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i second, third and fourth that......Its all about priorities.... LOL ..... & this is one high priority, it is called keeping me sane..................

·
Chilling out
6,038 Posts
Oh, believe me, priorities r in order

- Late Summer/Early Fall week+ trip exploring NM/CO/UT and maybe AZ by Quasi.
- Late spring week long trip to the Dominican Republic for 10yr anniversary vaca
( featuring one full-day guided mtb expedition w/o the mrs - she doesn't mtb )
- Various mtb races n stuff this spring, including Mas o Menos here in TX (yeah, I do that too)

Oh yea, gotta work some so that I can pay to play, and get that fork. ;^)

Still, never been to Whistler.

I'll be watching this space.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well bear, your priorities are well in tact, its all good. It is only a matter of time and you will have your name down..............You have a great year planned by the looks. Awesoem stuff.....................:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bear said:
Oh, believe me, priorities r in order

- Late Summer/Early Fall week+ trip exploring NM/CO/UT and maybe AZ by Quasi.
- Late spring week long trip to the Dominican Republic for 10yr anniversary vaca
( featuring one full-day guided mtb expedition w/o the mrs - she doesn't mtb )
- Various mtb races n stuff this spring, including Mas o Menos here in TX (yeah, I do that too)

Oh yea, gotta work some so that I can pay to play, and get that fork. ;^)

Still, never been to Whistler.

I'll be watching this space.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FM said:
Dudes, just a heads-up... one of my good riding bro's is getting married July 21st so that weekend is out for me.

could swing the following week or weekend though...just not sat/sunday that weekend.
A good catch FM, noticed that in another post you made, that weekend is indeed out. Cannot be coming that far and you not there, that is would be bad karma.......

We can work around those dates......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Whafe said:
A good catch FM, noticed that in another post you made, that weekend is indeed out. Cannot be coming that far and you not there, that is would be bad karma.......

We can work around those dates......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Been following this thread.....head's up that Crankworx is July 22-30th.

It doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't be there the weekend of the 29th (if that's what you decide), but it will be very busy. I'd just advise if you do end up in Whistler that weekend, shred the valley trails on the busy days (I'm sure FM would do this anyway) and then check out the events in the late afternoon/evening. The slopestyle is not to be missed if you're there anyway.....the coolest thing you'll ever witness on two wheels.

EBX

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
ebxtreme said:
Been following this thread.....head's up that Crankworx is July 22-30th.

It doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't be there the weekend of the 29th (if that's what you decide), but it will be very busy. I'd just advise if you do end up in Whistler that weekend, shred the valley trails on the busy days (I'm sure FM would do this anyway) and then check out the events in the late afternoon/evening. The slopestyle is not to be missed if you're there anyway.....the coolest thing you'll ever witness on two wheels.

EBX
Now if we could talk eb into going we'd have "the" FM, and ebextreme showing us around thier stomping grounds "well practcaly"..... I could retire from MTBing. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
ebxtreme said:
Been following this thread.....head's up that Crankworx is July 22-30th. EBX
Ahh... you know the 21/22nd is Kevmo's wedding.....:)

geolover said:
As far as I'm concerned...EBX is welcome to come along.
Yeah he'd probably be riding his "Giantus Reignolite". :skep: :thumbsup: :idea: :crazy:

Seriously I see it all coming together as a typical PNW weekend. Maybe the titus crew comes through town for a tour of the local goods... Then we all head up to whistler, a few XC/AM rides there and a day in the park. Posibbly even a detour to fromme. Basically I'm seein' it as a 4-5 day weekend, a few good rides with the titus bros and typical hijinx with the usual PNW crew.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
FM said:
Seriously I see it all coming together as a typical PNW weekend. Maybe the titus crew comes through town for a tour of the local goods... Then we all head up to whistler, a few XC/AM rides there and a day in the park. Posibbly even a detour to fromme. Basically I'm seein' it as a 4-5 day weekend, a few good rides with the titus bros and typical hijinx with the usual PNW crew.
well than ...that settles it. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.