Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which one would you choose and why?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Titus RX-100 vs. SC Blur.

Everyone already knows every body measurment i have, well except one. M or L Racer-X>? Or a L Blur. On a sadder note school starts in 2 days so i had to be in early tonight.
Thanks for the help on the last thread everyone and whatever you guys decide is what i'll do!!!

Wooooohoooooooo Lets Vote!

-TS

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Ummmmm....

hard to make an informed vote/recommendation without a description of intended use and so on...... any details as to why these two, and what kind of riding you'll be doing?

·
Registered
229 Posts
TheSherpa said:
Titus RX-100 vs. SC Blur.

Everyone already knows every body measurment i have, well except one. M or L Racer-X>? Or a L Blur. On a sadder note school starts in 2 days so i had to be in early tonight.
Thanks for the help on the last thread everyone and whatever you guys decide is what i'll do!!!

Wooooohoooooooo Lets Vote!

-TS
Titus

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fast XC to aggressive trail riding to racing my local series. Too bad RX 100's are out till Mid-November...but i could have a full custom Ti in six weeks hmmmmmmm.

-TS

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
TheSherpa said:
Fast XC to aggressive trail riding to racing my local series. Too bad RX 100's are out till Mid-November...but i could have a full custom Ti in six weeks hmmmmmmm.

-TS
If you can afford to do so I would strongly recommend it for a number of reasons. First and foremost, you seemed not to be happy with your current bike fit, as it felt awkward and uncomfortable, yet looking at your specs it seems you need a reasonable TT length but more importantly a good bit of length for your legs to get proper extension. Getting a custom Ti racer X, would mean the guys could spec a bike for you rather than a bike made to fit the masses.

You don't want to end up with another bike you don't seem happy with.

Also, a racer X and Blur are going to ride quite differently. I think the bluer with feel a little plusher.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trevor! said:
If you can afford to do so I would strongly recommend it for a number of reasons. First and foremost, you seemed not to be happy with your current bike fit, as it felt awkward and uncomfortable, yet looking at your specs it seems you need a reasonable TT length but more importantly a good bit of length for your legs to get proper extension. Getting a custom Ti racer X, would mean the guys could spec a bike for you rather than a bike made to fit the masses.

You don't want to end up with another bike you don't seem happy with.

Also, a racer X and Blur are going to ride quite differently. I think the bluer with feel a little plusher.
Yea i've ridden both and i like the suspension on the Blur better. With GF new 4x4 Cakes i might head for an equillibrum of badass geometry that i love and decent suspension action. I've ridden a Cake 1 DLX and Cake 2 DLX both extensively and i love 'em but that damn BB is soo high but it seems to be fixed with the new 4x4. Plus a Titus Ti Custom frame is gunna cost me more than an EP Cake 1. I dunno though it's a really tough decision and school starts tomorrow.

-TS

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
TheSherpa said:
Yea i've ridden both and i like the suspension on the Blur better. With GF new 4x4 Cakes i might head for an equillibrum of badass geometry that i love and decent suspension action. I've ridden a Cake 1 DLX and Cake 2 DLX both extensively and i love 'em but that damn BB is soo high but it seems to be fixed with the new 4x4. Plus a Titus Ti Custom frame is gunna cost me more than an EP Cake 1. I dunno though it's a really tough decision and school starts tomorrow.
-TS
According the latest MBA magazine, which does a big review on the Titus RX, for 2005, all RX's will be 4x4, whereas previously that was an option called the RX100 (or before that only available through HammerHead, known as the HH100).

I don't know whats up with everyone wanting thier XC race bike to be "plush"...WTF is all that about?

·
pepito
640 Posts
take my vote (racer x) with a grain of salt. i don't know which'll be a better fit for you, i just voted for it because everyone's got a damned blur and i'm sick of 'em. that custom ti sounds like a nice option. expensive too. but judging from the pic in your other post, you've got a hard time with bike fit, so custom may be worth the money. good luck with whatever you do.

the_dude

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.