Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bike for technical XC with lots of climbing. I'm not going to be racing bike, but I ride with racers so it needs to be fast. I can build both up for about the same price with the same parts. Which frame and why?
 

·
SNGLSPD
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
gregz12 said:
What bike for technical XC with lots of climbing. I'm not going to be racing bike, but I ride with racers so it needs to be fast. I can build both up for about the same price with the same parts. Which frame and why?
Turner will be a little better in the Technical.
Titus a little faster everywhere else.
Check on the Turner forum there is a long thread comparing the two.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=95850
 

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
Joined
·
924 Posts
gregz12 said:
What bike for technical XC with lots of climbing. I'm not going to be racing bike, but I ride with racers so it needs to be fast. I can build both up for about the same price with the same parts. Which frame and why?
Greg,

Ya, you'd better get a fast bike! ;)

So, I planted the Titus- and Turner-seed, eh? ;)

I love my RX-100, and would let you ride it, but you and I are on opposite ends of the height-scale. Truthfully, I don't think you can go wrong either way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MIke

Well i'm talking to companies, looks like I'm getting a real job, may as well buy it right the first time. I need to be able to keep up to my sister when she comes back later this summer, the bike needs to make up for my lack of skill :D
 

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
Joined
·
924 Posts
gregz12 said:
Well i'm talking to companies, looks like I'm getting a real job, may as well buy it right the first time. I need to be able to keep up to my sister when she comes back later this summer, the bike needs to make up for my lack of skill :D
Ouch! Never admit that! You could have easily said: "I need a fast, fun, 4" bike!" That would have been enough for me ;)

When I was shopping for a new 4" bike for TransRockies, I was immediately drawn to Titus, especially the RX-100. I've been following Titus for as long as I've been on these boards (almost 10-yrs) and I've always been impressed by Titus' frames, philosophy and customer service. At the time, I was also considering the Turner Burner, Intense Spider, etc., but ultimately, as you know, went with the RX-100. Essentially, for me, it came down to the tried-n-true reliability of the RX, continous customer reviews of the RX and Titus, excellent customer service and support, etc.

If I was looking now and considering the new Flux, then I'd definitely throw the Flux into the mix. Which would I pick? Very hard choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya the Titus is looking good. If I got the Turner I would have to deal with beyondbikes, and then get it built. If I get the Titus I can have a complete bike shipped to my friend in New Hampshire then meet up for a weekend of riding in Vermont, which avoid dealing with beyondbikes. The Titus is also two hundred cheaper than the turner. The all mountain 2 build with an RP3 and FX100 looks like a nice combination.

But I haven't signed a contract yet, I've just been talking to the companies. The bike will be ordered the day I sign a contact. This all depends on this job coming through. If it doesn't pan out I'm going to be pushing the pig for a while.
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
gregz12 said:
Ya the Titus is looking good. If I got the Turner I would have to deal with beyondbikes, and then get it built. If I get the Titus I can have a complete bike shipped to my friend in New Hampshire then meet up for a weekend of riding in Vermont, which avoid dealing with beyondbikes. The Titus is also two hundred cheaper than the turner. The all mountain 2 build with an RP3 and FX100 looks like a nice combination.

But I haven't signed a contract yet, I've just been talking to the companies. The bike will be ordered the day I sign a contact. This all depends on this job coming through. If it doesn't pan out I'm going to be pushing the pig for a while.
why do you have to deal with beyondbikes. personally, i would not deal with them. i would go through larry (mtnhighcyclery) or charles (hammerheadbikes), but that is just me. excellent customer service and prices.
 

·
SNGLSPD
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
O.T.E.Sports in Fruita

FoShizzle said:
why do you have to deal with beyondbikes. personally, i would not deal with them. i would go through larry (mtnhighcyclery) or charles (hammerheadbikes), but that is just me. excellent customer service and prices.
OTE Sells/rides both.
In fact they were selling their version of the RX100 long before hammerhead "designed" "his" bike.
]otesports.com]
]edgecycles.com]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
My 2 Cents

I myself was thinking of what new bike to get for XC/24Hrs. events and some Epic rides... conclusion, I agree that Titus RX is probably one of the best bikes out there. Great company to deal with, I've personally contacted them and hope to make my purchase sometime in the summer. Hammerhead is also a nice source for aquiring one, more color choices but same great bike. If affordable, the Titanium will make the nicest of all, very solid feel and you can get it customized to your body geometry, can't beat that. Turner has a nice bike too but I'm just giving my personal preference if I had to chose. Good luck!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
My two cents owning a Turner Burner and ridden a Racer X (BTW, I own two Tituses, a Riddler and a Drop-U so I am not baised toward either company).

1) The Turner is a bit a plusher feeling.
2) The Titus has a slightly steeper head angle for a quicker steering bike.
3) The Turner has more tire clearance. Note the Turner also doesn't have the derailler banging the Titus has.
4) Both bikes are great and you will be happy with either one.

Whatever you do, don't buy from Beyond bikes, they will screw you. If you get the Turner, call Larry at Mountain High. If you want a Titus, Talk to Chad are Red Barn Bicycles.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top