Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
This is easy

It's because Chris Cocalis is a huge fan of Shakespeare and a lifelong friend of Anthony Hopkins who stared in the 1999 film Titus -an adaptation of the Shakespeare play by the same name. Titus was founded 16 years ago you say? Just remember that Troy was founded around 2900 BC. IF you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
jsnk1975 said:
It's because Chris Cocalis is a huge fan of Shakespeare and a lifelong friend of Anthony Hopkins who stared in the 1999 film Titus -an adaptation of the Shakespeare play by the same name. Titus was founded 16 years ago you say? Just remember that Troy was founded around 2900 BC. IF you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
:confused: Does your day job include writing press releases for the White House?

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Homebrew said:
:confused: Does your day job include writing press releases for the White House?
Isn't it best to answer questions like this with another question?

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
I asked Titus

I emailed Titus with the link to this thread to see if they can clarify it for us. Maybe Chris can enlighten us with the truth.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
I was actually a little curious to see where the name came from after reading this post as well. The Titus website wasn't much help. I'm looking forward to seeing what the re-designed website looks like. I hope they include technical specs on all of their bikes (would be surprised if they didn't).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what a let down...

Are you implying the rambling Anthony Hopkins/Shakespeare/Chris Cocalis post is not the 'real' truth? ;)

jsnk1975 said:
I was actually a little curious to see where the name came from after reading this post as well. The Titus website wasn't much help. I'm looking forward to seeing what the re-designed website looks like. I hope they include technical specs on all of their bikes (would be surprised if they didn't).

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
:D

I want to believe that I will get my new RX100 frame in the 4 weeks they quoted me :confused: That would be purty sweet. I'm curious to see how the changes to the 06 RP3 turned out.

*Cheers -nice to see a fellow connoisseur of the ol' black magic! *

·
Registered
50 Posts
A faithful Greek companion of Paul

I believe Chris Cocalis liked what Titus represents in the Bible.

I say this because the cover of his 05 catalog reads very biblical:

"Herein resides the opportunity to know truth, immerse thyself in freedom, and experience sweet, sweet joy."

Chris, this should of been a contest for a free Motolite frame :O)

This should explain:

The Bible, book of Titus, Chapters 4-16

4To Titus, my true son in our common faith: (Paul spekaing)
Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.

Titus' Task on Crete
5The reason I left you in Crete was that you might straighten out what was left unfinished and appoint[a] elders in every town, as I directed you. 6An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless-not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
10For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. 11They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach-and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons." 13This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 14and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. 15To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

God Bless everyone and happy holidays!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.