Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I picked up the latest Mt.Bike Action earlier and saw that they tested a Titus(forget specific model), and the country of origin was Taiwan. Was the company just established in Tempe, then have the frames shipped over? If so, were they ever actually made in Tempe? Also, does anyone prefer a USA manufactured bike over a foreign one?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
as JC said...that had been the case for the Alu frames.... now they will be built by SAPA, except for the ones for the "complete bikes", the ML1 and RX1 (those are still made in Taiwan)

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
bear said:
<inflammatory comment>
Will the SAPA built seatstays of the ML be more durable?
</inflammatory comment>

:D

Seriously, when does SAPA take over?
I thought that all ML (except for the ML1) were now being made at SAPA. Same with the Racer-X. Are the EG made in the US as well?

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Nice

Jerk_Chicken said:
This has been the case for several years now. However, Titus is bringing the Al frame production back to the US to SAPA (if I am not mistaken) in Oregon.
I thought it was a bit weaksauce for what they are charging for their frames. THen again, Specialized does it all day long like that, and they charge more.

I might actually consider a RacerX 29er if they bring production back to the US. FSR suspension rules.

·
Registered
162 Posts
For those who want to know.

pimpbot said:
I thought it was a bit weaksauce for what they are charging for their frames. THen again, Specialized does it all day long like that, and they charge more.

I might actually consider a RacerX 29er if they bring production back to the US. FSR suspension rules.
We work with many different manufacturing partners to produce our frames. Here's the breakdown of where our frames are made.

All of our Titanium and Ti/Carbon frames are made in our factory in Tempe.

We began manufacturing the 2007 Racer X 29'ers in Portland by Sapa ('07 wa the first production year for the Racer X 29). For 2008 we moved production of the Motolite and Racer X there as well and continued to have Sapa build the 29'er.

Our complete bikes, the ML1 and RX1 are made by Kinesis in Taiwan. Kinesis also manufactures the El Guapo frame.

The Racer X carbon is also made in Taiwan.

If you have any other questions about our frames feel free to ask.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.