Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Looking at getting a Titus fireline as my main ss.

Anyone out there riding one particularly as a ss? How are you finding it? While not huge (6'1" and 160lb) I am resonably strong so want to check it won't be too flexy.

I think its pretty much a done deal, but looking for some reasurance that it will be awesome. Any pics would be cool too.

Thanks

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Singletrack magazine did a titanium bike comparison a couple of years ago and they found the Eleven was an unusually stiff ti bike: great for going hard but not that comfortable for riding all day.

The current hardtail seems to be named Fireline. Don't know if the name was the only thing that changed.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I ride an Eleven as a SS

Love it, love it, love it

Love it so much I bought a used Eleven to build as a geared bike- awesome as a geared bike as well. One thing you may need to do is work out a chain tensioner solution as the 11 and the Fireline use the same dropout- I dremmeled a pair of Sinz tensioners into a working solution- took bout 10 minutes and I haven't looked back. I went into more detail during my initial review (search this forum).

The ride is stiff and on par with my old steel frame in terms of forgiveness- great balance for a single speed.

Are you going with 26 or 29? Mine is 26 for what it is worth...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nick,

I ride an eleven geared. It is a 29er. I love it. The Fireline is the same bike except ti does not have a mono seat stay, rather it has dual seat stays. Mine is very stiff but extremely comfortable. I will post soem pictures later this week. Biker Bob posted some pictures of a Fireline he put together several weeks ago. search under fireline and you should be able to pull those up. Best of luck, you will love the bike.

JIM

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ti/Exo Fireline

I have a ti/exo fireline 29er that I run geared. The bike rides great. I think the geometry is excellent. I have not noticed any flex in the bottom bracket area, so I would say it's plenty stiff.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Molasses said:
One thing you may need to do is work out a chain tensioner solution as the 11 and the Fireline use the same dropout- QUOTE]

Nope.
You can get the fireline with horizontal dropouts, and the disc mount will support changable cs length. This means you don't have to get a tensioner.
I'm considering a fireline ss myself.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Don't have to get a chain tensioner... I meant a chain tug

Nope.
You can get the fireline with horizontal dropouts, and the disc mount will support changable cs length. This means you don't have to get a tensioner.
I'm considering a fireline ss myself.[/QUOTE]

I meant chain tugs- sorry for the confusion. I run the horizontal dropout on my SS and my fat @$$ requires a pair of tugs to keep my wheel aligned so it doesn't pull forward (driveside)...

By the way the slotted disc tabs rock!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.