Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Titus RX1 and a Titus El Guapo. I love them both. Phenomenal bikes. So why doesn't Titus make a downhill bike? It would be great if I could have a full Titus stable, but unfortunately, there is nothing out there. Even the Supermoto was more all mountain than downhill and it is hard to find a frame these days anyway.

With the downhill scene getting bigger all the time in Phoenix, I wonder what the the thinking is here. So what's up Titus, why no gravity love?

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
I own a Titus RX1 and a Titus El Guapo. I love them both. Phenomenal bikes. So why doesn't Titus make a downhill bike?
FWIW, Titus used to make a DH version of the Supermoto with 8/9" of travel. It used a longer chainstay, but I think used the same front triangle.

Doesn't help you out today though....I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I think they are...

a little birdie told me at Interbike, I think they are looking at something in the 7"-8" range. Thats all I know.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
hoooray!

craigstr said:
a little birdie told me at Interbike, I think they are looking at something in the 7"-8" range. Thats all I know.
I've been heckling forever to get a longer travel rig!!!!

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure hope it is more of an 8 inch travel rig with pretty slack geometry.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,337 Posts
Pb is that Titus sells more 4" bikes than 5" bikes, and more 5" bikes than 6" bikes. So, that might be a damper on their desire to develop a DH specific bike. Same upfront cost to develop the bike, and less volume to recover your investment. Would be nice nonetheless.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I would have to disagree

zorg said:
Pb is that Titus sells more 4" bikes than 5" bikes, and more 5" bikes than 6" bikes. So, that might be a damper on their desire to develop a DH specific bike. Same upfront cost to develop the bike, and less volume to recover your investment. Would be nice nonetheless.
I would think they have sold more 5" bikes than 4" or 6", I would think that the Motolite has been their best selling bike ever. I wouldnt expect Titus to let the cat out of the bag while in development as they would get bombarded by ten million questions by some of MTBR's less coherent posters.

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
craigstr said:
...as they would get bombarded by ten million questions by some of MTBR's less coherent posters.
Craigstr, I hope you're not talking about me.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
craigstr said:
I would think they have sold more 5" bikes than 4" or 6", I would think that the Motolite has been their best selling bike ever. I wouldnt expect Titus to let the cat out of the bag while in development as they would get bombarded by ten million questions by some of MTBR's less coherent posters.
I am sure it would not be anywhere near ten million.

Come on TitusJeff - I know you're lurking out there. Throw us a bone here!

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
craigstr said:
OK, millions of questions is an exageration, but we have already had a Ti DH bike mentioned so who knows?
I'd say the odds of a Ti Downhill bike making an appearance from Titus is about the same as hell freezing over.:nono: :eekster: :rolleyes:

·
J:
5,128 Posts
TiEndo said:
I'd say the odds of a Ti Downhill bike making an appearance from Titus is about the same as hell freezing over.:nono: :eekster: :rolleyes:
damn. didn't the eg start with a ti version?

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DeerhillOG said:
damn. didn't the eg start with a ti version?
It did. I don't think it would be entirely out of the question. But still not very likely.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
It wouldn't be that hard to make the EG in a longer travel version, take the 08 beefiness and mod the geo to handle an 8.75x2.75 for about seven inches of travel and a 66.5 HA and you're money! I don't know, I'm just throwing stuff around, I'm sure there's a lot of engineering that my math challenged head hasn't considered :)

·
J:
5,128 Posts
DH rail

And make the seatstay out of Ti. And call it the Gravity Rail. Gravi-ti rail that is:D

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
craigstr said:
two. One to TiEndo and the other to Orthorex.
More likely Dom or Ortho.....if they made one it would be definately costly...5+k is what I would gather just for the frame. I wonder if the new blood there will go after the gravity market. I just remember being told that they were not after that market or customer base,but that was last year.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Oh come on...

orthorex said:
I can narrow this down. Dom only and for sure.
I was going to put you down for two, one the first year with straight tubes, then another one the second year when the hydroformed them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts