Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Master Of Fooliganism
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a ti wedding band for me. Found that Boone makes some cool rings, was wondering if anyone else in the bike world also did rings?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Oni

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
Go with Boone...super fast, super right price. You can send them back for free to have repolished. I got mine and my wife's from him, we had them in 3 days from when we ordered.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,804 Posts
I replaced my gold one with a Ti...

I had to replace my gold one a couple of years ago after I lost it at a bike ride. My fingers swell enough to make wearing my ring on rides uncomfortable.

Anyway, for less than $100 there are plenty of Ti options at www.e-weddingbands.com and they ship fast enough my wife wasn't aware I was walking around looking eligible :thumbsup:

it took her 6 months to notice and only after our daughter asked to see my "new ring"

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
I'll second the eweddingbands.com recommendation. Excellent quality, fast service and they even sent me sizing rings to get the exact fit that I needed.

·
Emu's Taste Like Chicken
157 Posts
I'll 3rd (or whatever it's up to) the vote for Boone. Wife and I now have matching Ti bands. The treebark pattern. Very pleasent to deal with, Boone was. Quick to boot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not one to wear rings but if I did, it would be tungsten, not titanium. You're not likely to ever scratch a polished tungsten carbide ring (most companies also warranty against it). And if you do, you've got other things to worry about (like your hand). Tungsten also won't pinch your finger should something crush your hand. Titanium will deform and pinch and need to be cut off, whereas tungsten will crack and crumble away. Lastly tungsten has a bit of weight and some people like that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Minjin said:
I'm not one to wear rings but if I did, it would be tungsten, not titanium. You're not likely to ever scratch a polished tungsten carbide ring (most companies also warranty against it). And if you do, you've got other things to worry about (like your hand). Tungsten also won't pinch your finger should something crush your hand. Titanium will deform and pinch and need to be cut off, whereas tungsten will crack and crumble away. Lastly tungsten has a bit of weight and some people like that.
except once again you fall into the category of "you don't want that to happen" the amount of force that it will take to destroy a tungsten ring most likely means whatever is in the immediate area is going to be destroyed! i like the Ti bc it's so light also i've been told but have not tried it that ti rings are not too hard to be cut off in the event that they need to be(think third degree burns swelling your fingers into suasages), whereas the tungsten ones are at the outer reachs of emergency room cutting technology.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I doubt there area any that are bike related, but check Ebay for Ti rings. I lost my store bought $260 Ti wedding band after two months (at a bike race) and replaced it with a new and much cooler comfort fit Ti wedding band I purchased on Ebay for less than $20. They are all over the place on there and start around ten bucks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have heard stories of emergency room doctors needing to get rings off of fingers and not being able to cut them because they were made of titanium, They don't have tools capable of cutting them. Keep that in mind. What about stainless steel?

·
JORBA: Six Mile Run
428 Posts
My wedding band is ti. I love the color and the light feel of it. Keep in mind that a ti ring can't be resized, so trying it on before you buy it would be the best option, even if you know your ring size. I got mine from Littman for under 100 bucks, very inexpensive considering the other options. I didn't choose a ti ring based on cost, I just liked the look of it the best.

·
Praying for rain!
83 Posts
I have also heard that the ER can't cut them. I know that having to cut a ring seems unlikely, but it happens fairly often. Also I was told that Titanium has to be cast and can't be sized, so make sure it fits.

·
The Dude Abides
305 Posts
I love my Ti ring. It is true that resizing is nearly impossible. The place I got mine said they could stretch it about a 1/2 size bigger, but they couldn't make it smaller. But I imagine the same is true for tungstan rings.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Probably piss a few people off but men shouldn't have nice rings.

A standard $100-$200 white gold or gold band is all a man needs.

We're just to hard on our stuff to have niec jewerly.

·
Shamisen Appreciator
2,100 Posts
Minjin said:
I'd recommend against tungsten.

My wife got me a polished tungsten wedding band a few years ago. It scratched much easier than the ti one I have now, and worse, it reacted with my skin and the inside surface of the ring became very pitted.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'll bite. I considerd a Ti ring until I put it on and felt how light-weight it was. Being that I hadn't worn a ring since highschool I didn't want to have the thing come off my finger and never no it was gone until I looked down. I ended up with a Tungsten ring that is "heavier" but I know when the thing is on or off my finger. The thing looks good and with all of my outdoor activities I don't have to worry about scratching it or having it deform like a gold ring would.

My $.02

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.