Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
nightriding is fun !
457 Posts
I have Tune mounted on a set of wheels. They do OK, they look flimsy but close very well and stay closed, even with disc brakes and on SIDs .
At 50g/pair they work as designed.

I've used them on my YBB so yes, they can be used safely on softtails (cannot imagine why not as compared to other bikes HT/FS) )

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
doccoraje said:
Can they be used safely on softails? are they worth it (price/weight savings).

They can be used safely and are not likely to break, but I know that some users say that they experienced flex when using Ti skewers. I didn't notice any in the short time that I used them. Whether they are worth it or not is hard to say. You can get the SpeedCific steel bolt on skewers (65 grams) for $10 or thereabouts. Most Ti bolt on skewers I see are $35-$45 (around 45-47 grams). I have opted for the steel, mainly because of the cost/weight ratio.

·
Registered
68 Posts
doccoraje said:
Can they be used safely on softails? are they worth it (price/weight savings).
I've been using Salsa Ti skewers for about 2 years on my Silk Ti softail. No problems. I weight 185 and ride XC. As far as being worth it, well, I was on a quest to get my bike as light as possible while still keeping it safe. It was worth it for me, I guess...

·
Registered
162 Posts
ti is fine

I use a set of Ti bolt-ons from dusted74.com I have used these all season and I feel more secure than I did with my QR's and they were steel. They were a decent price and only 42g without springs. :)

I ride fast xc with a fs and I haven't noticed any problems with flex at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts