Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chainpain
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've decided to buy a pair of hope xc hubs and build myself a new set of disc wheels. What is the difference between the titanium version and the steel cassette version? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I've been using a Cycle Dynamics Ti cassette on one bike and 2 steel Shimano cassettes on two others.The Ti lasts longer, has replaceable individual cogs however doesn't shift quite as well as the Shimano versions one of which is XT the other XTR. Also because the Cycle Dynamics version uses individual cogs with spacers, it can make a mess of a soft alloy hub.
chainsuck said:
Hi!

I've decided to buy a pair of hope xc hubs and build myself a new set of disc wheels. What is the difference between the titanium version and the steel cassette version? Any recommendations?

·
Don't touch me!
839 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the freehub bodies since Hope offers steel and ti with these hubs. If you mean cassettes then go with Shimano XT.

The ti freehub body will be lighter than the steel one. That's about it.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Ti cassettes and skewers are such a waste of money for the sake of a few grams in places I personally would not want to make that sacrifice. Put the extra money into something more worthwhile.

my 2 cents
I think he may be talking about the freehub body:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.