·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I need some help about this frame:

https://www.fahrrad.de/fahrradteile/rahm ... 18503.html

https://www.bikester.fi/pyoranosat/runko ... 18503.html

What do you say? Is it worh that money? Is it a bargain? It is very important for me to make correct decision because 599 euors for frame is way more that i can afford,but i would stretch if it is a good deal. Thanks...

It is my first time building serious bike,and i would like to go with Ti frame for allrounder (touring,city,light offroad).

One more question...it seems like rime brake system is not suported, am i right? It says : "Suspension : 80mm" What does that mean? Is it 80mm travel or something else?

And one more
... What do you recomend for (touring,city,light offroad) MTB mechanics or ROAD mechanics?

·
Registered
524 Posts
80mm suspension probably means the frame is suspension corrected, i.e. designed around, an 80 mm suspension fork. when looking for a rigid for this must be taken into account to preserve the intended geometry of the frame.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You are correct there are no posts to hold a rim brake on the seat stays.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Thanks for the answers guys.

How bad can it be in terms of build quality? It is a suspiciously low price...Is there any way for me to check that? Some questions to ask the manufacturer?

I have 105 kg... could i have a problem with frame strength? Is it a right choice for heavy rider and occasional additional load(touring)?

I could go 3x cheaper for very nice used alu frame...what do you suggest?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Considering your weight, similar to mine, I would stay away from discount titanium frames. It is not that cheap anyhow. Ti is very hard to weld. I would stay away from aluminum as well and get a used steel touring frame, so you can run larger tires and rim brakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is nice advice. Thank you for your effort.

Anyone else? Any info on this frame?

Please share your impressions with me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts