Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Titanium Fat Bike Pic Thread.

14K views 62 replies 41 participants last post by  SpartyBike 
#1 ·
Ok I am venturing into the titanium fat bike world and looking for different ideas. So here is your chance to show off your ti steeds while helping a brother out.

Thanks

#24 ·
Those dropbears are so dangerous that the Australian govt brought in compulsory helmet wearing because of their depredations.

Outback Oz is full of recluses whose heads have been so mangled by drop bears that they cannot show themselves in public.

Even a minor attack of a dropbear landing on your head from 30 feet is likely to compress your spine so much that your belly protrudes. The extent of the danger can be seen in any outback town where most of the men have this problem, euphemistically called a beer belly.

Scientists have discovered that the problem is not actually due to a vicious nature but caused by sexual attraction. Lady dropbears fight vigorously to get away from unwanted attentions, so the male dropbear is known for its robust lovemaking technique. Now the average outback Ozzie smells of Vegemite and stale XXX/Fosters which is very similar to the pheromones of a lady dropbear in heat, so when the male lands onto a man's head it is because it is confused. As it scrabbles around the head it does considerable damage with its formidable claws while it looks for for a suitable aperture to satisfy its lust.

It is advisable to stand dead still and not exclaim or otherwise protest if this happens to you - the well known Ozzie axiom "it's best to keep your mouth shut, mate" applies here, and also possibly the origin of the expressions "he got an earful" and "grin and bear it".

So wear your helmets lads, and keep your mouth shut. Otherwise if you go down to the woods today, you may be sure of a big surprise... :)

Reactions: farleybob
#25 ·
Those dropbears are so dangerous that the Australian govt brought in compulsory helmet wearing because of their depredations.

Outback Oz is full of recluses whose heads have been so mangled by drop bears that they cannot show themselves in public.

Even a minor attack of a dropbear landing on your head from 30 feet is likely to compress your spine so much that your belly protrudes. The extent of the danger can be seen in any outback town where most of the men have this problem, euphemistically called a beer belly.

Scientists have discovered that the problem is not actually due to a vicious nature but caused by sexual attraction. Lady dropbears fight vigorously to get away from unwanted attentions, so the male dropbear is known for its robust lovemaking technique. Now the average outback Ozzie smells of Vegemite and stale XXX/Fosters which is very similar to the pheromones of a lady dropbear in heat, so when the male lands onto a man's head it is because it is confused. As it scrabbles around the head it does considerable damage with its formidable claws while it looks for for a suitable aperture to satisfy its lust.

It is advisable to stand dead still and not exclaim or otherwise protest if this happens to you - the well known Ozzie axiom "it's best to keep your mouth shut, mate" applies here, and also possibly the origin of the expressions "he got an earful" and "grin and bear it".

So wear your helmets lads, and keep your mouth shut. Otherwise if you go down to the woods today, you may be sure of a big surprise... :)
That's the funniest thing I've ever read here. Is this what happened to OzzyBMX?

#59 ·
my ti fatty - a Vertigo Cycles frame and fork - has been with me for a number of years.

It has been used in snow and in bog.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

Bikepacking and trails.

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork Mountain bike

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Rim Bicycle tire

Mountainous landforms Mountain bike Helmet Highland Bicycle

On mountains and in the woods.

Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Mountain bike Bicycle

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

As a 27.5x 3.8/3.0 plus bike and a full fat.

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

I deeply love it.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Rim

Footwear Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Mountain bike

Sean, the builder - I think 'builder' probably doesn't really describe how talented the man is, but that is another story - is pretty damn handy on his own fatty, too!

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike

Deets: <420mm back end. Press fit 30 120mm wide custom bb shell, 197mm back end with 177 equivalent crank. Vertigo Cycles pioneered 44mm head tube and a super über one off ti truss (don't ask!) slack dish, long ish, low ish, zetgeisty before its time. Still an absolute blast.

Personally, I think if you are going ti, go for the best builder you can.

#29 ·
#21 ·
Even the drop bear is impressed.... O'Beast, 18 months in and still no intention of changing it.

Its seen a few wheels changes, gone green currently and carbon to follow, frame is awesome for a non-custom (cheaper) Ti frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.