Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find any previous info on this but does anyone know where I can find Ti bolts online.

Speedgoat has them but they are back ordered. How do you know what specific bolt to get for different purposes....can u cut them?

Im thinking about bottle cage, juicy brake bar clamps and X.O trigger mounts. Are certain places bad for ti bolts?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have AL bolts on my XO clamps. Not like if the botl breaks the bike is going to be dangerous. All my control bolts are AL actually.

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Where I got mines

At e-bay, plentyof them.
Just bought them through e-bay shops and the "buy it now"
Depending on the seller you´ll find more or less detailed descriptions.
My advise is to be carefull, not from the metric size only, but for the head size too.In some components the head of the bolt stays recessed. If you get a larger one, it won´t fit in.
I also had to cut maybe a pair of them, as some length options are not always available, or just don´t match an especific component.

I have bought almost all of my bolts from this seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/planet007green/

hope it helped!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for the info. Why don't you use ti bolts for ones you often remove?

Asahi, where do you find regular (not taper head) bolts on racebolts.com?

Howbout anodized bolts?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nevermind....those regular head bolts were aluminum.

Has anyone found the proper pinch bolts online? Asahis are from a bike shop it appears.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
X.0 pinch bolt already ti?

I'm just going over my parts and looking for ti replacement bolts online and my X.0 RD pinch bolt appears to be darker colored and really light (reads as 0g on my scale).... is there any possibility that it is already titanium?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.