Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Paradox V3 which is awesome.

I would like to get a Titan to keep it company.

The Titan came out late 2019? Does anyone know when we might see the Titan V2? I doing want to buy a bike and then find it’s being replaced by a new version within months.

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
894 Posts
I have a Paradox V3 which is awesome.

I would like to get a Titan to keep it company.

The Titan came out late 2019? Does anyone know when we might see the Titan V2? I doing want to buy a bike and then find it’s being replaced by a new version within months.
If you know Banshee then you should know that Banshee is not like other companies with "updates" and "refining" on a yearly basis. Updates are only done when they are a significant improvement, which can take 3 to 5 years. (y);)
Until then there might be some other color- or shock-options ...

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
I doing want to buy a bike and then find it’s being replaced by a new version within months.
Unfortunately there is never any way to be sure about this ^^^ unless you are buying a bike that's just been released.

When I bought my current FS bike the company released a brand new version 6 months later. My GF got the new version damn her! ;) After a moment of FOMO I realized I liked the specs/features of my current bike better than the new bike and I felt lucky to have scored it when I did. 3 years later I still have no regrets about that purchase. :geek:

If the current Titan ticks all your boxes just buy it and have a blast riding it. It looks like a sweet machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The main focus of the paradox V3 project was on achieving optimal vertical compliance and vibration damping. This was achieved using FEA to tune the dropouts and yoke designs, to purposefully design in controlled vertical flex.
Aggressive geometry, combined with our bespoke hydroformed tubeset and internally ribbed stays, the Paradox V3 delivers a comfortable ride with vertical compliance and incredible power transfer due to best in class lateral stiffness.

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
The Titan v1.1 should drop any day now. .25 degree steeper seat tube, .27 degrees slacker head angle, 2mm longer chainstay, and 3 mm more travel. The reviews will wax on about how it has massively transformed the handling, climbs like a hardtail and descends likes a DH bike. Oops, sorry, I thought I was on the Santa Cruz, Trek, or Specialized pages.

Seriously though, geometry and suspension kinematics have matured enough that marketing aside, the changes from old to new models are minor. Pick a wheel size and travel that work for you and go enjoy. Given the most recent changes in Banshee frames reoriented the shocks, I would be shocked if an updated Titan were on the horizon in the next couple of years. Most riders if pressed will admit, they don’t feel any significant change with 1 degree angle changes, except back to back riding. As humans we quickly adapt to minor changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts