Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mojo0115
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tis the time to try and avoid the nasty white stuff and ride your Mojo as much as possible in a desert setting.

More pix coming later, am on day 4 of a 2 week road trip to the South West. (the last week will not be so much on Mojo's as we take our big bikes to Bootleg).

Moab, before we escaped ahead of the storm and headed further south.
Dog breed Dog Carnivore Rock Working animal


Plant Plant community Landscape Rock Shrubland


Mountain Soil Formation Valley Fell


Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame


Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle Carnivore Bicycle wheel rim


Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
 

·
Mojo0115
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mx_599 said:
great pics again!

...and happy holidays to you.

how do you get all this time off to ride at these places?? :thumbsup:

mx
Heh, that is the easy part. This time it entailed the following:

1. Explain to my boss that I will need 3 weeks next june to go to whistler again.
2. Explain that I will have 6 race weekends again in 2009 that will each need a day off as well.
3. Ask for a week to add to our company christmas week and explain that the team of developers I manage will be even more effective if I am not around to pester them.

Luckily I work in computer application develop where as long as you do good things you have good flexibility in your work environment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
lovely. Did you go with a local familiar with the trails or are the trails well marked enough for one to venture? I go to PHX quite a bit and would love to try this sedona surroundings out!
 

·
Mojo0115
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kakachi said:
lovely. Did you go with a local familiar with the trails or are the trails well marked enough for one to venture? I go to PHX quite a bit and would love to try this sedona surroundings out!
nope, I read the trail reviews here on MTBR to get a bit of a feel of the well reviewed trails and then wandered into a store that wasn't a trek dealer and got tips on a good first ride in the area.

Mountain Bike Heaven on 89A has really friendly people not worried about giving directions to off the beaten path trails. We picked up the local cosmic rays one page map and were able to ride the trails easily with just that as they are easy to find and well marked.

There is a huge amount of "local" trails in Sedona that having a local guide to show you around would be helpful, but they are also easy to find enough details to get going on from the intrawebs and then by just going out and riding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
zzsean said:
nope, I read the trail reviews here on MTBR to get a bit of a feel of the well reviewed trails and then wandered into a store that wasn't a trek dealer and got tips on a good first ride in the area.

Mountain Bike Heaven on 89A has really friendly people not worried about giving directions to off the beaten path trails. We picked up the local cosmic rays one page map and were able to ride the trails easily with just that as they are easy to find and well marked.

There is a huge amount of "local" trails in Sedona that having a local guide to show you around would be helpful, but they are also easy to find enough details to get going on from the intrawebs and then by just going out and riding.
tks mate. gotta love the red rock of sedona!
 

·
half tread will travel
Joined
·
240 Posts
hey zzsean, my buds that love riding in sedona claim they had found indian holy/power spots that just set them off in another worldly experience according to their collaborating stories...notice anything like that out there.???at least it sure is a vast and beautiful wilderness...if you ever get back out there again you might ask around about the holy/power spots...thanks, i always enjoy your pictures...
 

·
DWlink Fanboy
Joined
·
201 Posts
zzsean said:
nope, I read the trail reviews here on MTBR to get a bit of a feel of the well reviewed trails and then wandered into a store that wasn't a trek dealer and got tips on a good first ride in the area.

Mountain Bike Heaven on 89A has really friendly people not worried about giving directions to off the beaten path trails. We picked up the local cosmic rays one page map and were able to ride the trails easily with just that as they are easy to find and well marked.

There is a huge amount of "local" trails in Sedona that having a local guide to show you around would be helpful, but they are also easy to find enough details to get going on from the intrawebs and then by just going out and riding.
I love it - that's not a bad way to find the real enthusiast stores!
 

·
half tread will travel
Joined
·
240 Posts
pedsdoc said:
Nice pics. This was Bootleg Canyon 12-18-08. The snow is just about gone now.



hey PD, your brown ibis really looks at home there...your running one of my favorate tire setups for the winter...the conti mountain king in front and a nevgal in the back...how are they working for you.???
 

·
half tread will travel
Joined
·
240 Posts
pedsdoc said:
Nice pics. This was Bootleg Canyon 12-18-08. The snow is just about gone now.



hey PD, your brown ibis really looks at home there...your running one of my fav-o-rate tire setups for the winter...the conti mountain king in front and a nevgal in the back...how are they working for you.???
 

·
Mojo0115
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ScottW said:
What trail is that on your day 2 Sedona pics? I'm in Albuquerque and right now it is 21* with a wind chill of -3. I need to head further south,,,,
The first day in sedona was on a linkage of trails that included teacup and soldiers pass - it was 100% excellent and I would do it again in a flash.

The second day was munds wagon trail (or something along those lines) we rode it top scope out the damifino area and hangover but after I took a brain ratteling tumble we opted just to ride it out and back. Parts it were great but parts were loose, steep, hike-a-bike. I would do other trails before othering with it again.

My reading has must do trails as templeton and submarine rocks. We are torn as to whether to leave phoenix and the really excellent riding on south mountain and head back sedona & cottonwood. They have a lot of great winter riding in arizona.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Tread Mark said:
hey PD, your brown ibis really looks at home there...your running one of my fav-o-rate tire setups for the winter...the conti mountain king in front and a nevgal in the back...how are they working for you.???
It's actually matte clear, the lighting makes it look brown. Best combination so far I've used at Bootleg although Kendas don't last more than two months for me.

zzsean,

Your Mojos will feel right at home at Bootleg.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top