Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I ride Schwable Nobby Nics I like those rolled well plenty of traction wet or dry. Had an Maxis Ardent on rear last summer for awhile it was good on real dry trail. and poor on wet roots. My new bike had Schwable Hanw Dampf 2.35 prolly overkill for southern Michigan but They stick like glue on dry wet or anything else you can throw at them I thought i would pull them off But after just putting on a 100 miles in east Tennessee I love the Grip and the smooth ride of the bigger casing. I have ran Many Brands of tires but Seem to like the Schwable then Maxxis then kendas in that order.

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
I road a Nobby Nic Performance on the front and a Racing Ralph for the rear. I would switch the rear to a Rocket Ron. I demoed on Bontrager XR1 2.20 Teams and will try those. Same good grip as a Nobby Nic but fast rolling similar to a Racing Ralph. 20psi or less front 23-25 rear.

·
Orange Bikes USA Dealer
1,434 Posts
I third this - Nobby Nick in front for my trail bike

I also run Rocket Rons in front and have run Racing Ralph in the rear, but just switched over to Thunder Burts (in the rear) for my XC bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.