1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend me the tire size?
I am on MTB Klein attitude, and using a 26" wheel.
My type of riding is like 50% on road, and 50% off road (but not on boggy_mucky area).

I am thinking about using a 26x1.75 size, with some spikes on the side of the tires. The wheels would be using Shimano WH-M540R.

Thanks

·
Expert Crasher
6,356 Posts
If your off-road conditions are a little loose, look at the Hutchinson Python or Maxxis Crossmark. If the off-road conditions you ride are mainly hardpack, look at the Kenda Small Block Eight or Maxxis Larsen TT.

I don't know what widths these all come in but you should be able to find them all pretty close to 1.9-2.10 sizes.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I use Michelin XC dry[2], larsen TT, Geax Sagauro, and crossmark all at or just under 2 inches. These deep tread & larger contact patch tires give you more flat resistance than what you asked for...

·
Expert Crasher
6,356 Posts
Saguaro is a great tire, one of my personal favorites, but I didn't think it comes in a narrower width that he's looking for.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I did a coast test recently: MTB with Saguaro front (King) and Larsen TT rear (XTR) both tubeless at 28psi... coasted even with $700 road bike with 90psi schwalbe marathon you will never get a flat road tires. I was shocked!

Next week I coasted a road bike with Maxxis Hors Catagorie
http://www.maxxis.com/products/bicycle/product_detail.asp?id=97

Cane Creek wheels. It was faster than the Schwalbe.

I am asking him to re-evaluate the tire size part of his request and try 2 inch tires with a deep but continuous tread pattern at ~30 psi tubeless.

Have you done any coast tests at 15 mph?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts