Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search and read a lot about different ones. I am looking for something with the durability of the armadillo (They have proven to be outstanding on my road bike) but I want some tread for when I hit the dirt trails coming home.... Is there such a tire? Seems I can find slicks with durability, knobies with durabbilty but not a good mix version. Whay I am doing is a mix of concrete/asphalt and I like to sneak in a path once in awhile on the way home. nothing major as far as technical is concerned. Just a few rocks and roots and mostly hard packed dirt.

Thanks

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
What size are you looking for?

It is quite possible to ride trails on slicks, at least as long as the surfaces are firm and mainly dry.

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
How gnarly are the trails? I'd be tempted to try it on the slicks before going with another tire. You wouldn't want to lean over too hard in corners, but slicks can handle a lot of terrain that you wouldn't normally think they could.

If the 'dillos are too slick, try one of the Schwalbe Marathon tires that have a bit of tread, or old classics like the Continental "Town and Country" [I think that's what it's called].

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
perttime said:
What size are you looking for?

It is quite possible to ride trails on slicks, at least as long as the surfaces are firm and mainly dry.
The other issue is that this is my bad weather/snow cruiser bike. Grip is needed. The trails can be ridden with the MTB version on the dillos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.