Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm a novice when it comes to my bike. I just got new Nimbus EX tires for my Mtn Bike for when I'm city riding. I took off the Panaracer Fire XC Pros I had on them, put the new Nimbus' on, inflated the tubes, but I now have a "flat" part on each tire. The tires are round except for one part on both of them, where they're flatter by about a 1/2 inch. Can't find any rhyme or reason for it, the flat part is in a different location for each tire in relation to the tube valve, I measured the rims (Mavic Crossroc UST Tubeless) to make sure they were round, theyre fine. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? Are the tubes or tires seated wrong somehow? Is it possible the tires are just defective?

·
Registered
45 Posts
tire/rim combo

Some tire/rim combinations don't work too well. It is possible that this is the problem. If it is, the way to fix it is to inflate the tire slowly, and every 5psi or so, wobble the tire. Go around the wheel and push the tire side to the side on the rim. Go all the way around the rim, and pump some more air in there.

Shabs said:
Hi. I'm a novice when it comes to my bike. I just got new Nimbus EX tires for my Mtn Bike for when I'm city riding. I took off the Panaracer Fire XC Pros I had on them, put the new Nimbus' on, inflated the tubes, but I now have a "flat" part on each tire. The tires are round except for one part on both of them, where they're flatter by about a 1/2 inch. Can't find any rhyme or reason for it, the flat part is in a different location for each tire in relation to the tube valve, I measured the rims (Mavic Crossroc UST Tubeless) to make sure they were round, theyre fine. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? Are the tubes or tires seated wrong somehow? Is it possible the tires are just defective?

·
uofabill
213 Posts
Possibly not seated properly

Sounds like yer using tubes? That's not a problem but your tires may not be seating well all the way around the bead.
You can air them up to about 60+ lbs and see if you hear the bead "snap" into place. Or, lube the bead all the way around on both sides with dish soap and water then reinflate.

You can usually look closely at the bead and see if it's seated completely on the rim.

I doubt that you have defective tires.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
uofabill said:
Sounds like yer using tubes? That's not a problem but your tires may not be seating well all the way around the bead.
You can air them up to about 60+ lbs and see if you hear the bead "snap" into place. Or, lube the bead all the way around on both sides with dish soap and water then reinflate.

You can usually look closely at the bead and see if it's seated completely on the rim.

I doubt that you have defective tires.
Agreed. Some standard tires and tubes are tough to seat the beads on UST rims. The above advice is right on target.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.