Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I am beginning to thing I may need two pairs of tires. Prove me wrong.

So, what tires should I get? Don't ride too much in the mud so it isn't a priority. Sand? Not really.

Help me!

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
You are better off with (at least) two sets. Generally you want a more aggressive tread for DH/FR.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, for DH.... I have been making due with a WORN Specialized Enduro Sport up front and a POS Kenda 1.95 for the rear. I think I would rather sacrifice on the dirt for street.

Now, I was looking at the Pro Compound tires from Specialized... what do you think?

Just throw out suggestions for tires.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
standard235 said:
Well, for DH.... I have been making due with a WORN Specialized Enduro Sport up front and a POS Kenda 1.95 for the rear. I think I would rather sacrifice on the dirt for street.

Now, I was looking at the Pro Compound tires from Specialized... what do you think?

Just throw out suggestions for tires.
Looks great for urban. Put it on any loose surface and you will crash your brains out. For mixed urban/dirt use a K-Rad or Holly Roller would be better.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
grawbass said:
I think a Syncros Point N Chute might be a good comprimise.
The Point N Chute is a very nice tire. I ran the 2.5s quite a bit this summer. Be aware that it is a light casing/folding bead tire.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I have no idea what that means. I have been paying $25 per tire for pieces of crap and I don't know much about MTB tires.

Light casing? Does that mean it is prone to flats? If yes, then hell no. I ride HARD for my age. First day with the bike... stock tubes though, and a 1 foot drop perfectly smooth and the rear goes flat.

Replace with DH tubes for 17 bucks and no problems since.

I assume Hookworms wouldn't be a good choice?

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
standard235 said:
Ok, I have no idea what that means. I have been paying $25 per tire for pieces of crap and I don't know much about MTB tires.

Light casing? Does that mean it is prone to flats? If yes, then hell no. I ride HARD for my age. First day with the bike... stock tubes though, and a 1 foot drop perfectly smooth and the rear goes flat.

Replace with DH tubes for 17 bucks and no problems since.

I assume Hookworms wouldn't be a good choice?
Light casings as in XC/trail tires vs the heavy thick casings of DH tires.

Hookworms are great for urban.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts