Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what tires are appropriate for the Old Growth Classic (Sept) in Big Basin and Butano parks. I rode the Johansen / Chalk Road descent with WTB Riddler 45's. Definitely enough tire; probably too much.

What tires would you guys be considering? The smaller Riddler?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I’ll be going with Victoria Terreno Dry 40s. Pretty similar tire to the Riddler, maybe a little less aggressive in the middle. I would run larger tires if not for toe overlap issues. I haven’t pre ridden Johansen and Chalks, but I did find myself wanting more volume for the Olmo descent. The upper portion has steep rollers (15-20% up and down) with inch deep loose pea gravel (I think Chalks is similar?), and the portions through the trees are pretty bumpy with all the loose branches and roots hidden amongst redwood duff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably run what now have on my bike. 37mm Maxxis Ramblers (TB00200700).Light, reasonable amount of tread, rolls well. When I rode Chalks recently, I was surprised by how unsketchy it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.