Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
agreed

riderx said:
Requirements:
- rubber
- fat
- knobs

I think I ran a 2.4 Moto upfront and a 2.35 Kenda Nevegal in the rear last year. It was either that or a 2.4 Moto on both ends.
i don't know the area, course or terrain, but a pair of 2.4 Moto's are my daily tires of choice. i would love to hear what others reccommend for the course specifically. fun stuff to ponder.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd say use tires, I tried finishing a ride on the rim and climbing was a 3itch.

I also recomend some sort of Tube also, I once got a flat and stuffed the tire with weeds and grass, it worked real nice for a mile or so, but eventually bunched up to one side, made some really wierd thumping going down hill.

I'm currently using 3rd person hand-me downs. Nice 2.1 somethings. They're rubber and knobby.

Shane

·
Registered
744 Posts
As a local I run Bonti ACX 2.2 on both my geared 26" and my Rig. The ACX came on the Rig and convinced me to replace the Conti Vapor 2.1" on my 26" I love the 2.2 ACX tires on the course. At times I have ran much bigger tires, Specialized Enduro 2.2 and yea they make the rocky stuff so much easier, but the climbing so suffered. In the past I ran and loved/hated:

loved - Mythos 1.95 and 2.1
hated - Conti Explorers
loved - WTB Weirwolves 2.1
hated - ritchey z-maxs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.