Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up my Gary Fisher procaliber with ghetto tubeless. I am running a panaracer FR 2.4. The rear tire is too tall and is rubbing the rear derailer. It only rubs when the rear shock absorbs shock. What is another good tire that I can put on the back tire? I would like to stay above a 2.3 if that is possible. What about the Kenda Nevegal in a 2.35? Is it a shorter tire? Width of the 2.4 isn't an issue.

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
do2b said:
That could be part of it. I am running a mavic 317. I need something for riding mostly single track with some mud, roots, and rocks. No racing.
I just converted a old 317 ghetto with 2.1 Nevegal DTC. I used one Nevegal that had stan in it before and one new Nevegal. The new tire took a little longer to seal up, than the old tire. The conversion was a total success, I have not ridden the bike on the trail yet but I don't forsee any problems.

I wanted to try a 2.35 for the front but it looked to big for the rim.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
Run that 2.4 Panaracer on a 317 at your own risk. I had a 717 rim (on the rear) fail bigtime running a Nev 2.5. I have some FR 2.4's and they are some meaty, beefy tires that are every bit as big as the 2.5 Nev's. I would possibly chance it in the front ( I ran a 317 in the front with no issues), but the rear wheel takes more abuse.

Here's a pic of the worst part of the damage to the 717:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.