Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ride More
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be traveling to AZ pretty soon and was trying to decide what kind of tires to get. I have Crossmax XL's on a Giant NRS 3. We will be doing more XC riding than anything else. I currently use Pythons in Fl, but I imagine conditions are a bit different in AZ. I thought a UST tire and Stans would be good for thorns and cactus. Weight is not a huge factor, but light is not bad. Does anybody have some good suggestions?
Thanks in Advance
Andrew

·
Registered
765 Posts
spiders

I've been running a spider 2.3 ust with some flat attack (similar to stan's) on my rear for a couple of months and it works well for the loose stuff out here. I also like the Cinders for the rocks, and they wear well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to go with the Cinders out here, too. The knobbies are pretty agressive, and it isn't the fastest tire around, but at a low pressure it digs in to all of the loose stuff and handles the rock well. There may be lighter options available, but unless you are a serious WW you can't go wrong with them. Run a slime tube, and you should avoid cacti hell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.