Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Thread Killer
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some new tires ($8 goodyear "hardline" tires from dick's)...i mounted them up, inflated them to 50 psi (which is well within the recommended inflation range), but they still feel mushy and flat! i know they're not...because i checked the tire pressure, and squeezed the tire with my hand. my question is, do bike tires have different rubber compounds that might make these tires feel really soft? would that explain the "flat" feeling of these tires?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Well, either they are flat (and your PSI gauge is useless), or they are soft compound tires. When you say they are soft, are you able to easily deform the casing of the tire, or are you just deforming tread?
If they are soft at the casing, then they are under inflated.
I doubt that they are some super sticky compound, as sticky usually costs more.

·
Thread Killer
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CharacterZero said:
Well, either they are flat (and your PSI gauge is useless), or they are soft compound tires. When you say they are soft, are you able to easily deform the casing of the tire, or are you just deforming tread?
If they are soft at the casing, then they are under inflated.
I doubt that they are some super sticky compound, as sticky usually costs more.
when i squeeze the tire, just the treads deform.

and gosh i hope the psi gauge isn't useless! that's the one i use for car tires too! :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.