Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all got a gary fisher given to me and am wondering what are some good tires to put on it. and also it has 26x1.95. what is the max width like 2.2 or whatever i can put on the bike before it will start rubbing.

·
Granny Gear Guru
399 Posts
i've always put panaracer fire xc pro's on my bikes but only b/c I can get them in a flashy red or blue. There are so many tires out there now though....

·
Professional Speed Bump
755 Posts
unless you're going freeriding or downhilling, I wouldn't recommend anything over 2.1.

For typical XC riding, I'd go with a pair of Kenda Smallblock 8 in either 1.9 or 2.0
Also, Hutchinson Python Air Light has been good to me as well. Same sizing recommended.

If you still want to go fatter, I believe most modern XC bikes can handle up to 2.5.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
2.35" to me the best compromise for size and weight.....Just pay attention to the tire weights there is some pretty good stuff out there

·
Dirt Abuser
829 Posts
For XC riding, I run a 2.35" WTB Mutano Raptor on the front (On the smaller size for a 2.35), and a 2.1 Panaracer XC Fire pro on the back. I found this combo to be economical and they hook up well in most conditions..................except for mud.

I'm 5'10", 175lbs, 185 geared up. Front pressure at ~28, rear at ~35

1 - 5 of 5 Posts