Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, I did a long 38 mile mtb race in prep for a similar race next week. This was a rest week and I had a short 15 mile race today. My legs were awful; no power or strength. I'm suppose to peak about next week but I was shocked I didn't perform better today. Is that normal to be so fatiqued just before peaking?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
SSlowTwitch said:
Last weekend, I did a long 38 mile mtb race in prep for a similar race next week. This was a rest week and I had a short 15 mile race today. My legs were awful; no power or strength. I'm suppose to peak about next week but I was shocked I didn't perform better today. Is that normal to be so fatiqued just before peaking?
I don't know if it's normal to be tired before a peak. BUT, worrying about it is just making things worse. 38 mile race is big, just focus on recovering and taking care of yourself.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
SSlowTwitch said:
Just from personal exp. It takes me up to 7-10 days to fully recover from a real serious overreach like you did in prep for race. So I wouldn't be too worried about this recent performance as your true goal is next week which will be 2 weeks from that 38miler you did and is enough time to realize the benefits from the ride.. The week of the race should be spent priming the pipes so to speak and doing some short but high intensity efforts to get your body ready to rage again w/o doing anything you need to really recover from.

Just my humble opinion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.