Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently rocking marz Bomber (Nokian) D40 2.6's that came stock on my RM Switch. They look wider than my bro's Minion DH 2.7's. I want to get some Kendas, and am scoping out the blue groove front, nevegal real combo. How wide do Kenda's run? Should I go for the 2.7 up front, 2.5 in the rear? I'm mainly doing freeriding, dh, jumps. I hope my new kendas shed some wheel weight from my bombers...those *****es are heavy!

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Here's a rulre of thumb: Maxxis and WTB are smaller than stated size, and Kendas are bigger. My 2.7 BG is about as big as a Michy 2.8 but a 2.7 HR is closer to a 2.6. As long as the tire fits your frame and fork, don't sweat .10ths of an inch, just ride the *****.

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant wait. My current zocchis are made for the wet/soft. Will be nice to use tires that are meant for my so cal dry. Anyone know the weight differences off my current rubber v.s the kendas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.