Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mavic Crossride wheelset, how wide of a tire can I put on them? The website "recommendation" is 15-2.3. I was thinking about buying the Nevegals 2.35 wide, would that be okay?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had a set of Crossrides and the biggest size that I tried on them was a 2.35 Fat Albert. That's not as big as a 2.35 Nev, not far off though, and it was fine. I didn't run it for long though. I tended to use a slightly smaller size (2.25 Advantage) for better frame clearance.

In case you don't know, the 2.35 Nevs come up big in comparison to some other so-called 2.35 tyres so ensure you have the clearance on your frame, especially at the rear, before you splash the cash.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DGB said:
I had a set of Crossrides and the biggest size that I tried on them was a 2.35 Fat Albert. That's not as big as a 2.35 Nev, not far off though, and it was fine. I didn't run it for long though. I tended to use a slightly smaller size (2.25 Advantage) for better frame clearance.

In case you don't know, the 2.35 Nevs come up big in comparison to some other so-called 2.35 tyres so ensure you have the clearance on your frame, especially at the rear, before you splash the cash.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to be putting them on a SC Chameleon they have clearance for up to 2.7. My fork is a RS Revelation and that one have clearance as well for the Nev.
Thanks for all the help, I'm going to wait til a good deal come up for the Nevs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.