Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Why I oughta..."
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I really care as I can loose a couple, few, well alot, of pounds on my fat ass, but I was curious on the weight of Spec Resoultion 2.2 Pro tires.

I am thinking of going back to Kendas (it seems I always do) and replacing the wearing Resolution 2.2 with a Kenda BG 2.35

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
The 06' 2.2's were huge and light, 630 grams give or take a few from what I remember.

The 07's are re-sized - shorter and a little skinnier. They roll WAY faster than the old Resolutions and retain great cornering ability. The Kenda's are nice, but will never roll like the Resolution and they're more expensive.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Weight of 2007 2.1 and 2.3?

I've been looking everywhere - Specialized website, weightweenies, searched this board - and no information about the weight of the new 2007 UST Resolution 2.1 and 2.3.

Doeas anyone out there know how much these tires weigh? Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
crawdad said:
I've been looking everywhere - Specialized website, weightweenies, searched this board - and no information about the weight of the new 2007 UST Resolution 2.1 and 2.3.

Doeas anyone out there know how much these tires weigh? Thanks.
The Reso. UST 2.3 is listed at 781 grams. There's not a weight listed for 2.1, let us know if you find one though.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have both the New Resolution UST 2.1's and the 2.3's. If you call Specialized they have some weights on the new tires that they haven't got up on the website yet (don't know what the hold up is). I see no weight listing for the new UST's on the website yet so I don't know where the 781g figure for the 2.3 UST came from (it's way off). I weighed mine with a Ultimate digital scale.

UST 2.3: 850g (two tire avg.)
UST 2.1: 760g (two tire avg.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.