Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about replacing my 2.1 WTB Velociraptors with 2.25 Panaracer Cinders. However, I have a bunch of Hutchinson Green tubes, 1.9-2.1. Will these tubes work okay in a 2.25 tire? I really like the tubes, but don't want to stretch them beyond what they will stand. If H-Green won't work, any suggestions for a tough tube? I'm not a racer, just like to work on technical XC skills.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
They should work just fine....

I've used 1.95 to 2.1 tubes in tires as large as 2.5's with no problem. And I'm talking really cheap a$$ed Schwinn tubes here, not nice ones like your Hutchies. I you are worried about it then go ahead and get tubes that include or cover the 2.25 tire in their sizing. But it shouldn't be necessary. The rubber will easily stretch to conform to the slightly larger volume of your 2.25 tires. The volume of the Cinders probably isn't that much larger, if at all, than the WTBs you've been running anyway.

Good Dirt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.