Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

tire trouble

608 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  austinb89 
#1 ·
i just got a 24 inch rim for my 04kona stinky and i was wondering what tire to put on it, will a 3 inch tire fit on it or the biggest a 2.8? anyone ever do it/ or got pics?

#2 ·
3" Tire on a Stinky...

A 3" tire will be really tight on the back of the Stinky; if you get a slight bend in your rim it will rub. To be totally honest, a 3" tire is really just too big. Check out the Gazzo 2.6 or the Maxxis 2.7. The problem with 24" rims is that you're very limited on tire selection...

#3 ·
WWT said:
A 3" tire will be really tight on the back of the Stinky; if you get a slight bend in your rim it will rub. To be totally honest, a 3" tire is really just too big. Check out the Gazzo 2.6 or the Maxxis 2.7. The problem with 24" rims is that you're very limited on tire selection...
and a couple other tire suggestions:
Nevegal 24x2.5 - not as tall as the Gazz 2.6, but about same width.
Arrow 24x2.7
Spec Roller 24x2.6 - big paddles in case you pedal uphill...

#6 ·
alright thanks for the info, hey scabby i never had a specialized, i use to ride a hardtail but it wasnt a specialized, and yes i love the kona havent had a problem ye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.