Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting Schwalbe tires for my Ibis Mojo...

Any suggestions?

Current fork: Marzocchi 55 ATA WC with 1600mm travel

Thanks!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use Kenda now, and someone suggested I try out Schwalbe.

Not an ad, not promotion. And I don't sell Schwalbe. Just a query.

I did get a suggestion to try out Maxxis High Rollers in front and Larsen TT at the rear. Still reading up though

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
goyoyl said:
I use Kenda now, and someone suggested I try out Schwalbe.

Not an ad, not promotion. And I don't sell Schwalbe. Just a query.

I did get a suggestion to try out Maxxis High Rollers in front and Larsen TT at the rear. Still reading up though
I have used the Maxxis combo on a yeti 575 and to be honest it is not nearly as good as the stock Kenda Nevegals. Actually the Nevegals are real good tires. The could be a little lighter, but they don't flat, get good traction and hold up well. I just wish it was easier to covert them to tubeless. I'm still running the stock tubes.

My next tire however is the 2.25 Nobby Nic front and rear. I have heard great tihings about them.

Erik

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
FIrst of all what kind of riding, what ime of year (dry or wet, loose or hard pack)?

I run the Kenda small block 8's in dry/fast conditions and the WTB Exiwolf's in medium to wetter conditions.

I'm ready to test some Specialized Captian's here shortly... light weight with some meaty tread (wetter conditions)... will report back soon...

·
Registered
256 Posts
2.4 Nobby Nic front and 2.25 Racing Ralph rear work really well in the dry, not as convinced in the wet!!

·
half tread will travel
240 Posts
i never been to the Philippines...here in new england there is an inch or two of forest debris over hard pack and when wet, slimy diagonal roots will take you down if you catch one the wrong way with your front tire...winter tire choice without ice is 2.4 conti black chilly mountain kings, being pushed along by a kenda sticky-e nevgals...with that said, most of the time i run panaracer razor 2.3s because they are just so wicked fast but rider beware, they have a harder rubber compound and low profile tread so animated body english is required...good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.