Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest some tires for me. Curently im running specialized roll-x and they are slow. I ride aggressive xc so around a 2.0 to a 2.25 tire is ideal. I need a tire that will be fast on hardpack but still have a some grip for loose stuff. Also id like them to be under 600 grams in weight.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
northparkrider said:
Can anyone suggest some tires for me. Curently im running specialized roll-x and they are slow. I ride aggressive xc so around a 2.0 to a 2.25 tire is ideal. I need a tire that will be fast on hardpack but still have a some grip for loose stuff. Also id like them to be under 600 grams in weight.
Try some Nobby Nic's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maxxis!

I'm all for Maxxis.

The 2005 World Mens and Womens XC, DH and 4X world champions rode Maxxis tires. That says something! Sauser, Kabush, Dalhe, Minnar, Peat, Lopes (last year), Kitner, Gracia, Morland, Shrotter.

I would go with the Crossmark if you ride mainly dry harpack.

The Ignitor 2.1 is lighter but doesn't roll as fast. It works in EVERYTHING. Hardpack, roots, rock, wet, clay, mud....you name it.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Mr. RMB said:
I'm all for Maxxis.

The 2005 World Mens and Womens XC, DH and 4X world champions rode Maxxis tires. That says something! Sauser, Kabush, Dalhe, Minnar, Peat, Lopes (last year), Kitner, Gracia, Morland, Shrotter...
Yeah. it says they are pros and are paid to use Maxxis tires.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think im going to take a look at some maxis tires. The crossmarks are supposed to be lightning fast and able to handle some loose rocks and occasional wet riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.