Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what tire combo do you all suggest for the beautiful part of earth called Sedona?

I live in Cincinnati, Oh and ride 26'' Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1's right now front and rear. I love the tire but my current bike is being shipped to my in laws house in Sedona when I finish building my new rig. I am just wondering since the terrain is much different than my current location.

Thanks in advance

Drew.

·
EDR
10,119 Posts
Trail Kings are great tires for out here whether it be Phoenix or Sedona. Your panaracer should be just fine as well, however at 2.1 I would look at getting something with more volume for the long haul. I've got 2.1 Panaracers on my sons bike and man those things are skinny.

I've never been to Cincinnati, but if I had to guess I would say the terrain in Sedona is much much different. Rockier to be precise.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. The terrain in Cincinnati is very rooty. I am putting a 2.3 on my new 650b rig. I have never had good luck with Conti. tires. I always seem to flat them.

I will probably just leave them on then and ship the bike out. Saves me some money!

·
EDR
10,119 Posts
Thanks everyone. The terrain in Cincinnati is very rooty. I am putting a 2.3 on my new 650b rig. I have never had good luck with Conti. tires. I always seem to flat them.

I will probably just leave them on then and ship the bike out. Saves me some money!
My trail Kings are UST tires, so inherently they have a thicker side wall. I guess I can't speak to the tube version.

I get the feeling that ust or tubeless tires are far more common out here than in many places in the country. Something to think about.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I built a pair of wheels with Notubes.com hoops laced to ChrisKing hubs. I could always just do the conversion and run tubeless. I didn't even think about running tubeless out there.

Thanks again for the advice everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts