Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently test fitted a Quasi-moto to my 8500. Fits but there isn't much more room at the top of the seat stays for a bigger tire. The knobs on the 2.35 Nevegal rub the seat stays.

How do the 2.1 tires compare in size to the quasi-moto? Say the 2.1 Nevegal or the Neomoto? Is it common to be able to fit a quasimoto and not a 2.1 neomoto? I would just test fit it but I don't have ready access to tires and I would rather not have to buy tires to see if they fit. Quasi looks like an nice dry XC tire but it isn't going to be dry around here anytime soon.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Rub by how much?

GTR-33 said:
I recently test fitted a Quasi-moto to my 8500. Fits but there isn't much more room at the top of the seat stays for a bigger tire. The knobs on the 2.35 Nevegal rub the seat stays.

How do the 2.1 tires compare in size to the quasi-moto? Say the 2.1 Nevegal or the Neomoto? Is it common to be able to fit a quasimoto and not a 2.1 neomoto? I would just test fit it but I don't have ready access to tires and I would rather not have to buy tires to see if they fit. Quasi looks like an nice dry XC tire but it isn't going to be dry around here anytime soon.
I don't own a Quasi but do have the 2.1 in Neo & Nev. The Kenda is definitely the smallest.
Post a pic or 2 of the seat tube intersection with Quasi installed. Then there can be some determination maybe.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
I'd estimate 2.1 Neo-moto has about 2 -3mm taller radius than the 2.0 Quasi-moto. They use the same casing, the knobs are bigger/taller on the Neo.

Maybe someone could measure for sure.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the best pic I could manage of the clearance.

According to the links that were posted the 2.1 Nevegal is only a couple mm taller. The 2.35 rubs on the knobs by about 3mm.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
nope

GTR-33 said:
Here is the best pic I could manage of the clearance.

According to the links that were posted the 2.1 Nevegal is only a couple mm taller. The 2.35 rubs on the knobs by about 3mm.
that looks tight with quasi. Too tight for Nevs I'm afraid as side knobs would surly rub.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well.. I finally got a hold of a Nevegal 2.1 and it fits. It fits almost exactly the same as the Quasi did. The knobs are noticeably larger but the casing of the tire looks much smaller and looks like it has less volume than the Quasi.

The rims are quite wide too. Over 30mm. I measured the Quasi at 2.17 in width mounted on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.