Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to give the rigid thing a try with an RDO fork, but can't seem to find good beta on the max tire size it can take. Anyone know?

Also looking for tire suggestions for SF Bay Area trails. I currently have a WTB Bronson up front on my Reba and love it, but am thinking a little more volume might be nice.

Currently thinking about:

Maxxis Ardent
Schwalbe Hans Dampf
WTB Weirwolf

Opinions and suggestions welcome!

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
The 2.4 Maxxis Ardent works great as a front tire for me. I have used it around Phoenix as well as all over Colorado. Tires are a very personal decision, but the Ardent was great for me.

The Hans Dampf is just too big, slow for me. It grips well, but feels like its pulling you down the whole time. Never tried the Weirwolf.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
I'm going to give the rigid thing a try with an RDO fork, but can't seem to find good beta on the max tire size it can take. Anyone know?

Also looking for tire suggestions for SF Bay Area trails. I currently have a WTB Bronson up front on my Reba and love it, but am thinking a little more volume might be nice.

Currently thinking about:

Maxxis Ardent
Schwalbe Hans Dampf
WTB Weirwolf

Opinions and suggestions welcome!
Those first two are pretty aggressive for the Bay Area. I'd go with a Maxxis Ikon 2.35 run tubeless up front. Plenty of aggression in that tire with the taller side lugs than the smaller Ikon, yet the same center tread for better rolling resistance.

BB (former Bay Area resident)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.