Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is the first post about tires rubbing the frame on a fisher 29er.:D Anyway my Cobia is getting tire rub on the left seatstay. Any good ideas about protecting them (seatstay)? I can live with the tire rub as long as I can keep my frame from gettting a hole rubbed in it. I'm running a Bontrager Jones XR 2.20.

G

·
Fisher just warrantied out my rig due to this design flaw on the 06 version. They fixed it on the 09. What I had done was put a small "patch" of JB weld in the area that it would rub. This stuff is really hard and would keep it from rubbing into the chainstay.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey guys,

Found this thread with the search option. Have the same problem with a 07 cobia, 4 deep contact points where the tire is rubbing when I hammer it for uphill or tight turns on the back wheel, even just a simple turn in rubs, I am worried this is weakening the frame.

Is this something that Gary Fisher will honor with a warranty? Really I just want the problem fixed it's been doing this since it was new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.