Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly stock Cannondale f5 right now, and I'm attempting to come up with a tire option that is not so rediculously knobby. They use the 2.1" Kenda Nevegal's which ride very tough on the road I'm more trail than road in general, but I have a kiddo on the way, so I imagine there will be some tooling around on the streets casually and paved trails in the near future.
My wife's Rockhopper Comp uses the fastrak Lk 2.0" which rides much smoother than mine.

What tires will suit each purpose for me, will rip up trails yet smooth on the road, and may also serve as an upgrade? Or do I have good tires and should shut up?

As an aside... could you please check out these specs and give me an idea to feed my upgradeitis?
From my current experiences, my fork performs very well.

Frame Trail SL, double butted, mechanically formed, 6061 alloy
Fork RST Deuce 1.5 Coil with rebound adjust and lock-out, 100mm travel
RearShock N/A
Rims Maddux DC3.0, double wall with eyelet, disc specific
Hubs Formula DC20, 28 hole, 6 bolt front,
Spokes Stainless steel, 15g
Tires Kenda Nevegal, 26 x 2.1"
Pedals Wellgo Platform w/steel cage
Crank FSA Dyna-Drive, 44/32/22
CrankOption1 N/A
CrankOption2 N/A
BottomBracket Tange Cartridge type
Chain KMC, 9-speed
RearCogs SRAM PG-950, 11-34
FrontDerailleur SRAM X-5
RearDerailleur SRAM X-5
Shifter SRAM X-5, trigger
Handlebar Cannondale C3, 650 x 20mm riser
Stem Cannondale XC3 1.5"
Headset Tange Custom 1.5
Brakes SRAM BB5 Mechanical, 160/160mm
BrakeLevers Cannondale C4
Saddle Cannondale C3, ergonomic design
Seatpost Cannondale C4, 31.6mm
Sizes S, M, L, X, J
Extras

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The WTB Weirwolf is a surprisingly fast rolling tire, both on pavement and dirt. It's got a nice bit of tread as well for good bite on the trail. I just started running this tire about a month ago and it's one of my favorites so far. I can't speak to the durability of the tread, but it seems somewhat sticky and may wear out quickly with lots of pavement miles. I've also just put on a Mutano Raptor 26x2.4 for the front and switched the Weirwolf to the back. The Mutano has a pronounced line down the center and it rolls nicely on pavement and hard pack as well. I run the AM TCS version of these tires at 26F/28R for rough trails, 35F/35R for road/hard pack use.

WTB Mutano Raptor

WTB Weirwolf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.