Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Giant XTC Advanced 1 bike (2017)! It should have clearance for up to a 2.4" tire.

I'm looking for something that isn't too heavy but will work in the Rocky/Rooty conditions we have in BC (this bike won't get out in the rain much) and also for dry Baja conditions in the winter!

I want something at least 2.3 in width. I may race on it to (but not much) so fast is a consideration.

I'm scrolling through threads and reading online reviews but I'm totally confused and lost... I have 2.4 Maxxis minions on my full suspension bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are my rims: Giant XCR 1 Composite DBL WheelSystem; 27mm wide, Tubeless compatible

I'm thinking maybe a combination of a maxxis rekon up front and a race ardent on the back?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I picked up an Onza Ibex 2.4 for $42 from Jenson, and I like it. Has some similarity to the XR4.

I got a Vittoria Morsa 2.3 for like $37 somewhere else and I like that too, running that as a rear tire.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
These are my rims: Giant XCR 1 Composite DBL WheelSystem; 27mm wide, Tubeless compatible

I'm thinking maybe a combination of a maxxis rekon up front and a race ardent on the back?
Hi, Is that 27mm inner width, or outer width? If it's outer width, you'd be better off sticking with 2.25 and 2.35. Maxxis 2.4 are designed with ~30mm iw rims, as are Bontrager 2.4's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.