Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ridin' in iRie meditation
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Have a trip coming up to Park City (Jul 18-26) and plan on doing plenty of riding. I've been sifting through all the posts here to get ideas on possible trail routes. Looks like I'll be doing lots of riding at DV and PC Mountain Resort.

Quick question for locals, what type of tire is best for current trail conditions?

Currently, on my 5 Spot I have a Maxxis Highroller (2.35) up front, and Maxxis Advantage (2.1) on rear. Works good for my local Southern Cal. trails which consist of a mix of hardpack and chunky rock gardens. I was thinking of simply taking this combination as is, but if anyone has suggestions on a better combo for PC conditions, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
mr. welcorn said:
Kenda Telonix
We went straight from waiting for the snow to melt to full on Moon-dust season. I'd recommend moving your Highroller to the rear and getting a 2.2 or 2.4 Telonix up front. It rules in the moon-dust over hardpack. But it is not exactly a fast rolling tire. The 2.2 is larger than a 2.35 Maxxis.

Your existing set-up should work just fine, but if you are itching for an excuse to buy new tires this sounds as good as any. Maybe put the HR on the rear and get a Minion DHF up front. That's another solid set-up for around here.

B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.